DumaOS app crashes on iPhone with iOS 16.0.2

e38BimmerFN

I believe the app worked ok before on iOS 15 with my XR450 as I tested it a few weeks ago. Since then I've updated the iOS to 16 and got a XR1000 yesterday. Just checked the app again this evening and that app lauched however really fast I see something about crash report and submit and the screen quickly disapears. Subsequent launchs are the same. App isn't working on a iPhone 12 Pro Max.  

9 hours ago, e38BimmerFN said:

I believe the app worked ok before on iOS 15 with my XR450 as I tested it a few weeks ago. Since then I've updated the iOS to 16 and got a XR1000 yesterday. Just checked the app again this evening and that app lauched however really fast I see something about crash report and submit and the screen quickly disapears. Subsequent launchs are the same. App isn't working on a iPhone 12 Pro Max.  

Interesting, thanks for letting us know.

Have you upgraded to the full release version of iOS or are you using a beta version?

Just to confirm, can you access the interface by going to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser?

So I wanted to check again to see if the app worked on my XR450. It does. It also happen to have the prior crash pop up window and Export function to which I captured that. However I notice that when I log off or out of the app, close and re-launch the app, I don't get a log in screen, it auto re-connects to the XR450. 

So I logged off the app then closed it on the phone. Turn off the XR450 and then enabled wifi on the XR1000. Connected the phone to the XR1000 and was met again with a crash popup, it sayed this time and I was in the middle of doing the export when It unexpectedly closed. After that the app would not re-open and kept closing. Possible that the app as the XR450 creds and is expecting the 450 to connect too. 

For the one log I got you can find it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pzkul922lvvp0h/DumaAppXR1000sentcrash.zip?dl=0

How is that performed on a iphone? 

I removed the app from the iPhone and then reinstalled it. I was then able to get to the log in screen of the app however the app is still crashing after inputting the admin and password values. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4frn0uiomek3ew/DumaAppsentcrash1.zip?dl=0

Ok. 

Also I'll try most current version of FW as well. I'm on v.52 which came in the box and havn't testing wifi yet, the router is working pretty good. Gamed with it last night using wired connection. 

If I need to update FW, let me know. 

• Administrators

That would be great to check, the latest is .64 so would be a good one to try, that's when Adblocker was added it so it may be the app is expecting Adblocker and because you don't have it, it's throwing an error.

https://kb.netgear.com/000064837/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-64

So I powered the router OFF for 30 seconds then back ON after updating FW. Didn't work.

Factory reset and setup from scratch worked. The app is now accessing the XR1000. 

:wub: