Bad connection benchmark test

jame0174

• Administrators

So when this happens, set Congestion Control to Always and experiment with percentages so change, test, change, test etc until you find percentages that bring Ping Under Load down to match the Ping Test as much as possible.

I tried everything for the life of me and for some reason i can't get a's on all test.My speed gets capped at 380 for some reason.I know my speeds would be reduced but even with it set at 100% it still says 380.I got the a by lowering my up load

Screenshot 2022-09-09 170143 trying ping.jpg

• Administrators

You'll need to set your bandwidth speeds to 950/50 as they're set lower at the moment, having it set lower will make QoS less effective. Are ALL devices connected to the R2? The Ping Test isn't something you can change, that's your baseline to the Google server, your connection may be better to other servers so you don't need to look into it too much but you've definitely improved Ping Under Load already which is the main thing. 

• Administrators

Are you testing on speedtest.net? What do you get directly connected to the modem? What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the R2 or do you still have some connected to the modem?

• Administrators

It's up to you really, if you don't have many devices online and using a lot of bandwidth and you would prefer to have higher speeds then you can leave it off if you want. Otherwise I'd say re-enable QoS and experiment with the percentages to get the best results on Benchmark.