Traffic Controller Issues

BKxLounge

So I have three rule sets made (as can be seen in the traffic analytics) however, they are not showing up in the traffic rules section so I cannot turn them on or off. Any assistance with this would be fantastic. I have tried reboot and that has not worked. 

image.thumb.png.cfd421e0bc4de845896b53d711d91d5c.png

9 hours ago, BKxLounge said:

So I have three rule sets made (as can be seen in the traffic analytics) however, they are not showing up in the traffic rules section so I cannot turn them on or off. Any assistance with this would be fantastic. I have tried reboot and that has not worked. 

Are they still not showing if you try to access the interface from a private/incognito window? It may that it's a caching problem.

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are they still not showing if you try to access the interface from a private/incognito window? It may that it's a caching problem.

They are not showing while in incognito mode either. Still having the same issue. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2022 at 5:41 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

When did they stop appearing? Did you delete them by any chance? Most likely you would need to do a factory reset to clear them completely and then re-add the rules so they can be changed.

This issue has occurred again. Factory reset has not resolved the lost of the traffic control information. 

10 hours ago, BKxLounge said:

This issue has occurred again. Factory reset has not resolved the lost of the traffic control information. 

That's odd, so you reset, re-added the rules and they were fine for a month or so, then they stopped working? Is that correct? Did anything change or did you make and other configurations around the time you noticed the issue occur again?

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's odd, so you reset, re-added the rules and they were fine for a month or so, then they stopped working? Is that correct? Did anything change or did you make and other configurations around the time you noticed the issue occur again?

I reset, re-made the rules, ran them with no issues for two months. Went to make a change to one of the devices on the rule and all rules not visible on the left side, but can still be seen and activate at their appropriate times and block traffic to the devices in the rule set but since they aren't on the left side, I cannot modify them.

• Administrators

This must be specific to the R1, we haven't seen an issue like this on any of the other platforms, could you downgrade to .171 please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/epusirdgzaze25a/DumaOS-R1-Release-3.0.171-071020.sig?dl=0 factory reset, then re-upgrade to .207, factory reset and see if it's wiped the rules please?

On 10/3/2022 at 7:05 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

This must be specific to the R1, we haven't seen an issue like this on any of the other platforms, could you downgrade to .171 please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/epusirdgzaze25a/DumaOS-R1-Release-3.0.171-071020.sig?dl=0 factory reset, then re-upgrade to .207, factory reset and see if it's wiped the rules please?

I'm just not going to bother. I have been dealing with issues on issues for like 8 months now and the only "fixing" these issues is me having to factory reset every single time.. It is an insane hassle to have to set up my network every single time with countless ports to forward for games, renaming devices that aren't picked up by name throw the NetDuma system and then having all those devices that I named drop the IP that was assigned to them permanently and resetting to unknown device every day... It is arguably the most aggrivating thing to deal with for months on end. I am at the point now where I paid 300$ CA for the NetDuma R1 like 5 years ago, I got my money worth at this point and won't ever upgrade to another device from this company with the errors I have been experiencing.  

9 hours ago, BKxLounge said:

I'm just not going to bother. I have been dealing with issues on issues for like 8 months now and the only "fixing" these issues is me having to factory reset every single time.. It is an insane hassle to have to set up my network every single time with countless ports to forward for games, renaming devices that aren't picked up by name throw the NetDuma system and then having all those devices that I named drop the IP that was assigned to them permanently and resetting to unknown device every day... It is arguably the most aggrivating thing to deal with for months on end. I am at the point now where I paid 300$ CA for the NetDuma R1 like 5 years ago, I got my money worth at this point and won't ever upgrade to another device from this company with the errors I have been experiencing.  

We can certainly understand why it's so frustrating for you, we do appreciate your patience throughout troubleshooting this with us. If you do decide to give Fraser's latest suggestion ago please let us know how you get on. If you also ever consider an upgrade to some newer hardware from us, please send a link to this thread over to us via email at [email protected] before ordering and we can try to help you out there also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 7:05 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

On 10/10/2022 at 8:14 AM, Netduma Liam said:

We can certainly understand why it's so frustrating for you, we do appreciate your patience throughout troubleshooting this with us. If you do decide to give Fraser's latest suggestion ago please let us know how you get on. If you also ever consider an upgrade to some newer hardware from us, please send a link to this thread over to us via email at [email protected] before ordering and we can try to help you out there also.

I have attempted Fraser's advice and it is working currently however, there is also this continued issue that has been months without a fix and causes an annoying amount of frustration with the Traffic control settings. Automatic update for Daylight Savings is selected and our Daylight savings does not come into affect for another month. The time is an hour behind. image.thumb.png.142530964ff56f769d3b899d8aece410.png

7 hours ago, BKxLounge said:

I have attempted Fraser's advice and it is working currently however, there is also this continued issue that has been months without a fix and causes an annoying amount of frustration with the Traffic control settings. Automatic update for Daylight Savings is selected and our Daylight savings does not come into affect for another month. The time is an hour behind. 

Glad to hear it. We've made the team aware of some issues with Timezones so they'll be looking into that and fixing it. Let us know if you run into any other problems!