Ps5 set up guide

Hello guys 

Is there a ultimate ps5 set up guide here, what settings to use and so on like, QoS settings mine is on 70 percent on sliders, dmz or not, traffic prioritisation adding rule where Duma classified games is,  bandwidth allocation I have mine set on 30 percent for up and download, Geo filter set to recommend 311 miles.

I see that there could be firmware soon for xr500 and hopefully that helps with the QoS sliders and it have auto set up. 

The reason why is my ping on cod varying by 15ms, example in a cod game it be low as 15ms and up 30s the ping keeps fluctuating with QoS on I thought be more stable.

Thanks guys

That sounds pretty good to me! The only other thing I might suggest trying would be to actually disable DumaOS classified games (If the PS5 is the only device you game on) and instead add a new rule, select the PS5 as the device and 'Games Console' as the service.

See if things in-game improve after that.

Cheers guys.

I've tried that on black ops cold war and the ping still going fluctuating. I've got my settings on QoS 70 percent, traffic prioritisation 30 percent, added the PlayStation 5 rule on basic and turned duma classified games off.

On a DMZ is opens it up for one IP address and I see on traffic prioritisation under advanced says ports what's the difference over the basic side. Is the advanced tab in Traffic prioritisation like a port forwarding function, and I select gaming/voice and left apply to wan unticked. 

I tried traffic prioritisation on 100 on percent and everything else went so slow. Does this TP gives u a minimum of 30 percent of your connection and rest gets shared out, but also if your set on 30 and nothing else is running do u still get more of download speed.

Thanks guys and girls

1 hour ago, madman123 said:

Cheers guys.

I've tried that on black ops cold war and the ping still going fluctuating. I've got my settings on QoS 70 percent, traffic prioritisation 30 percent, added the PlayStation 5 rule on basic and turned duma classified games off.

On a DMZ is opens it up for one IP address and I see on traffic prioritisation under advanced says ports what's the difference over the basic side. Is the advanced tab in Traffic prioritisation like a port forwarding function, and I select gaming/voice and left apply to wan unticked. 

I tried traffic prioritisation on 100 on percent and everything else went so slow. Does this TP gives u a minimum of 30 percent of your connection and rest gets shared out, but also if your set on 30 and nothing else is running do u still get more of download speed.

Thanks guys and girls

Can you provide a screenshot of how you're currently got Traffic Prio configured? I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you have it set to a specific percentage?

• Administrators

I think you may be referring to Bandwidth Allocation which is the central feature on the QoS page and Traffic Prioritization you just add rules. For Traffic Prio if the console is connected wired select normal and use the Apply to WAN option as well.

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

Hg612 to xr500 with everything connected to xr500.  

Wan wasn't ticked, just playstation 5, games console, basic apply. Didn't tick wan.

Seen on forums and videos that traffic prio has basic and advanced tab and put ports in advanced tab.

Just making sure I'm getting the best ps5 set up configuration.

Thanks guys keep up good work. 

• Administrators

If the console is connected to the XR via ethernet, then on Traffic Prioritization, after selecting Games Console, select normal and tick the Apply to WAN option, if it is connected via WiFi then do the same but select Gaming/Voice instead. Then see if you notice any improvement at all.