FIFA 22 dedicated servers all registrering as Peers

Hi guys,

Can you please look into this. All the servers - at least in Europe - show up as peers instead of dedicated servers. It seems EA changed servers to google servers, and now they are all misclassified.

This unfortunatly makes the blocking of them work less good so matches are now really bad.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for raising this, we are aware in some games this is the case and we're working to resolve it for a future update.

It shouldn't however affect your matchmaking, are they outright not getting blocked at all? Are you getting servers outside of your radius, or are the servers inside your radius just not performing very well?

Thank you!

FIFA have notoriously bad servers - which you probably already are aware of. Me and a lot of other FIFA players have found the netduma routers helpful to somewhat deal with it.

The problem is now that it seems that when the servers are misclassified as peers it is almost as if there is a delay when blocking them and until the blocking takes effect - this was not a problem when they where correctly classified as dedicated servers.

When I play on a bad server, I block that server, exit the game completely and try again. When the blocking is delayed it takes a long time until i can connect to another one. Last night I gave up when I had to do this 7-8 times for a combined time of about 3 hours until i could fine a useable server.

The misclassified servers makes the game and the netduma router useless for me. There is no point trying to play and trying to find the right server when they are misclassified.

Right now I'm on the verge of selling the Netduma - and not buying the new FIFA 23 (prob for the best).

So when you manually block the servers, it takes a while for them to actually be blocked? Does this mean if you search for a game again right away, you still get connected to these servers?

Can you check the ID of the server before you block it, then check the ID of the next server you connect to to verify that they are not the same?

Yes it takes a long time until the block takes effect. When I block the server (misclassified) the icon is also still white - it doesn't turn into the yellow blocked icon - even though it shows up on the blocked server list.

I spend the weekend trying to verify.

1. If I block a server (doesn't show instantly as blocked) and exit the matchmaking, and try to connect again - it connects to the same server

2. If I block a server (doesn't show instantly as blocked) and exits and shuts down the game completely, enter the game instantly and try to connect again - it connects to the same server

3. If I block a server (doesn't show instantly as blocked) and exits and shuts down the game completely, enter the game after waiting a good while and try to connect again - it connects to another server (but same problems)

This is very frustrating. I kinda bought this router to get rid of most Fifa server problems

• Administrators

The reason it takes a little longer to block a peer is to prevent people using the router to boot people from a game so it's actually an anti-cheat feature in affect. So as you've mentioned because they're all now misclassified you're succumbing to this anti-cheat measure so as Liam mentioned we will get that sorted and you'll be able to block again more easily. For a peer to be fully blocked the connection to that peer needs to be disconnected for 2 minutes at least, so do as you were doing, quit the game, wait 2 minutes and it will be fully blocked. As for it then taking longer to get games that will be because you're filtering with the radius and then further restricting it with blocking servers in that radius so search times will increase as the amount of available servers decreases, if it's a particular busy time as well then those servers may be full.

Dear Fraser,

Thank you for your answer. I am glad that this will be sorted - do you have an estimate on when? It seems updates for the routers are somewhat slow?

The workaround is not a possibility for me - I don't have much time gaming, and the time a have I wont spend trying to do workarounds for a router i payed a pretty steep price for.

If this issue goes on for another month I'm going to sell the router so it wont matter for me anyways.

3 hours ago, Jacobas said:

Dear Fraser,

Thank you for your answer. I am glad that this will be sorted - do you have an estimate on when? It seems updates for the routers are somewhat slow?

The workaround is not a possibility for me - I don't have much time gaming, and the time a have I wont spend trying to do workarounds for a router i payed a pretty steep price for.

If this issue goes on for another month I'm going to sell the router so it wont matter for me anyways.

I'm afraid we don't have an ETA for this fix, it may however be something we can resolve over a cloud update in which case it shouldn't take too long, but it's hard to say until the team have been able to deduce exactly what the cause is.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 4:21 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

So as you've mentioned because they're all now misclassified you're succumbing to this anti-cheat measure so as Liam mentioned we will get that sorted and you'll be able to block again more easily. 

This does not seem to be sorted yet?

On 8/30/2022 at 12:18 PM, Netduma Liam said:

I'm afraid we don't have an ETA for this fix, it may however be something we can resolve over a cloud update in which case it shouldn't take too long, but it's hard to say until the team have been able to deduce exactly what the cause is.

So have you been deducing?

1 hour ago, Jacobas said:

Game is out - and running the exact same servers as Fifa 22 did the last 4 months.

What have you found out out in your deducing period?

We had some issues with our original cloud updates so we're going to be pushing another one. I'll remind the team again today just to get it through a little quicker and we'll see if that helps.

1 hour ago, Jacobas said:

So has it been pushed through?

The servers are still showing as peers - no change at all

I don't believe so as yet, I'll chase up the team. To be clear, it may still show them as peer connections, but you should be able to filter them correctly afterwards.

Thank you.

I need to be able to manually block them - that doesnt work with peers. There is a delay so it takes ages to find a server, block, wait, restart game -> start again, untill you find a usuable server.

If you cant make the correct the misqualified servers, then it doesnt matter to me - then dont look into it. Ill sell the netduma.

Just please be straight about it!

• Administrators

You can still block peer connections by using the Geo-Filter radius which is how you're meant to filter really, denying is more for blocking peers/servers that have a bad connection so you don't play on it again rather than blocking, if you do that enough you may struggle to get games.

It's very easy to re-classify a peer to a server/vice versa so that will be done.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

denying is more for blocking peers/servers that have a bad connection so you don't play on it again rather than blocking, if you do that enough you may struggle to get games.

Which is exactly what I am doing - a Fifa server can be good today and bad tomorrow - i thought we already covered this issue and use earlier in the thread?

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's very easy to re-classify a peer to a server/vice versa so that will be done.

Which is all I am asking for - and all I have been asking for since the 23rd of August - hence the thread title and earlier posts - so if this is so 'very easy' could you then please get it done???

3 hours ago, Jacobas said:

Which is exactly what I am doing - a Fifa server can be good today and bad tomorrow - i thought we already covered this issue and use earlier in the thread?

Which is all I am asking for - and all I have been asking for since the 23rd of August - hence the thread title and earlier posts - so if this is so 'very easy' could you then please get it done???

Sure, I'll speak with the team again and see if this as easy as we suspect and get it done as soon as possible if that's the case.

2 hours ago, Jacobas said:

So?

It's proving harder than expected, we're getting very mixed results each time we try to capture new data for the game. We're going to have to get some developer input on this one and see if we can work it out. If so, we'll push a cloud update!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, cool. Thank you for the information provided. I've been looking for something like this for a long time, since I've been playing FIFA 22 for a year now, and I'm not going to give up on this project. This very challenging game has everything a soccer fan could want. I spend all my time and money on improving my team. I do it all to outperform my friend's team. So I often buy coins to buy the best players for my team. Now I use skycoach.gg because the company has years of experience in the market. I am confident that my team will be the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Netduma team,

It has been almost a month and half (does this qualify as "a little longer"?) - and more than three months since i posted this topic.

I am sure you have deducing, investigating, resolving, reminding and talking team to the team a lot since then - so I am very curious to get a status? - because you have been working on this issue as promised right?