WIFI issue when browsing forums / no FIFA London server displayed

guv77

Hi there, yesterday I received my R2 and set it up with my Virgin Media Hub 4 ( i am on the 1GIG broadband service).

The R2 is only connected via a network cable straight into the hub 4 which is on modem only mode.

I have setup and configured 2.4 and 5.0 wifi networks, but when I use my iphone 12 to browse through a couple of forums (EA FIFA and RedCafe forums) I always have to manually refresh the browser tab to get it to refresh. it constantly hangs. tried both forums on a iphone 10 and same issue. On my desktop PC connected via LAN it is fine. The phone apps work great so not sure why the forum browsing is effected? Happens with both Safari and Chrome.

Browsing seems to be fine when online on this forum.

When I received the R2 it was upgraded to latest firmware and then factory reset.

Second issue: I use my PS4 to only play FIFA 22 online, and when going into a match or manually ping the EA servers London does not get displayed. |Even though I am pretty sure I am connected to some one nearby has the ping is usually 14ms.

image.thumb.png.2268fdc4de44846fae235eb53cc47f8c.png

image.thumb.png.cdf0abe9ac748081407184d319ae82a3.png

From the ping test no London or Dublin server.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

On the iPhones, on the WiFi settings for the R2 network you're connected to disable Private Addresses, then disconnect from the WiFi and reconnect, then see if they work better.

Try this for the FIFA issue:

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up game

@Netduma Fraser I will ask here instead of creating another thread-in 3 weeks time I will be moving over to Sky Fibre 900 from VIrgin Media 1GIG, would it be a straight and simple switch over? I guess resetting the router and going through the wizard again, anyother changes I would have to make?

I think I will have there Sky Q router which I will put into modem mode. 

24 minutes ago, guv77 said:

@Netduma Fraser I will ask here instead of creating another thread-in 3 weeks time I will be moving over to Sky Fibre 900 from VIrgin Media 1GIG, would it be a straight and simple switch over? I guess resetting the router and going through the wizard again, anyother changes I would have to make?

I think I will have there Sky Q router which I will put into modem mode. 

That's pretty much it, it's best to factory reset the R2 for the new connection. It's worth experimenting when you receive it, but we'd usually suggest disabling the Wi-Fi on the Sky hub and putting the R2s WAN IP in the Sky DMZ. You may find modem mode functions just find, but in case you have issues please switch over the the DMZ approach instead.

• 2 weeks later...

in fifa 22 there is a server by  the name of brtish isl  , on net duma r2 that server doesn't appear from some month i have a friend who is from london who bought  netduma r2 on my recommendation . when he is connected in game without netduma r2  , in game server is british isl  but when he uses netduma he is connected to western Europe server . same server that is shared by @guv77

in fifa 22 in game servers name

British ISL

western , Eastern ,South , north  Europe (4 servers) all 4 servers appear on net duma  except above one 

in the past in UK one fifa  server was in London and 2nd one was in Dublin both doesn't appear on r2   

2 hours ago, zaibkhan said:

in fifa 22 there is a server by  the name of brtish isl  , on net duma r2 that server doesn't appear from some month i have a friend who is from london who bought  netduma r2 on my recommendation . when he is connected in game without netduma r2  , in game server is british isl  but when he uses netduma he is connected to western Europe server . same server that is shared by @guv77

in fifa 22 in game servers name

British ISL

western , Eastern ,South , north  Europe (4 servers) all 4 servers appear on net duma  except above one 

in the past in UK one fifa  server was in London and 2nd one was in Dublin both doesn't appear on r2   

The servers shown in Ping Heatmap are all the servers that the game client looks for when it boots, so it's possible the information online isn't up-to-date.

That being said, the servers listed in Ping Heatmap look like they need updating so I'll speak to the team and they'll get that done.