XR500 wireless disconnects/Ethernet issues

Good day everyone, I’m just wondering is there been any reported issues recently with the latest firmware on the XR500? 
Recently in the last few weeks or so, I upgraded to the latest firmware and everything was set up and working just fine. However now I am getting wireless devices disconnected at random times. What is concerning is my PC which is hard wired with an Ethernet cable, when I turn my PC on, it doesn’t connect to the internet and it won’t detect the router via the router login. The only way to fix this is to restart the router. It doesn’t happen everytime I turn the PC on but it’s getting more frequent. Should I downgrade firmware or is there other things I can check? I hope my router isn’t failing on me. Any help/advice would be great. Thank you 

4 hours ago, Taylordrift21 said:

Good day everyone, I’m just wondering is there been any reported issues recently with the latest firmware on the XR500? 
Recently in the last few weeks or so, I upgraded to the latest firmware and everything was set up and working just fine. However now I am getting wireless devices disconnected at random times. What is concerning is my PC which is hard wired with an Ethernet cable, when I turn my PC on, it doesn’t connect to the internet and it won’t detect the router via the router login. The only way to fix this is to restart the router. It doesn’t happen everytime I turn the PC on but it’s getting more frequent. Should I downgrade firmware or is there other things I can check? I hope my router isn’t failing on me. Any help/advice would be great. Thank you 

Did you factory reset the XR500 since upgrading the firmware? If not, I'd definitely suggest doing so. You can either do this through the interface or by holding the reset pin on the back for thirty seconds.

If you've already done this or the issue persists afterwards, could you please go to Settings -> Setup -> LAN setup and set the minimum DHCP value to 100. Then, reserve an IP address for each device on the network. Make sure you reserve them IP addresses that are outside of the DHCP range.

After that keep an eye on it and see if the disconnections continue.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Did you factory reset the XR500 since upgrading the firmware? If not, I'd definitely suggest doing so. You can either do this through the interface or by holding the reset pin on the back for thirty seconds.

If you've already done this or the issue persists afterwards, could you please go to Settings -> Setup -> LAN setup and set the minimum DHCP value to 100. Then, reserve an IP address for each device on the network. Make sure you reserve them IP addresses that are outside of the DHCP range.

After that keep an eye on it and see if the disconnections continue.

Hi Liam, originally I didn’t do a factory reset however since the disconnections occurred after several times I then did a full factory reset and I had to go through the setup WAN procedure again etc. 

In regards to IP addresses, my PC is static and reserved via router. But all other devices are DHCP setup. What I find strange is these instances of disconnection or no internet via Ethernet don’t happen at the same time, when the wireless devices are disconnected the Ethernet still has internet, or vice versa. Really weird because this has only really started happening since upgrading to duma 3.0. Perhaps I should downgrade or try and see if it happens still. 

• Administrators

Do set them for the other devices as well as it should be more stable, do you still have access to the interface when devices drop? If so could you provide the log from the System Information page when it happens please?