Pingplotter showing high pings

Over the last few weeks I've been noticing high ping spikes on pingplotter. I've never seen spikes like this before in the last 2 years. It's always a stable 13ms. I get little spikes of like 10-15ms sometimes but nothing like this before. Any answers on a solution to fix the issue? I haven't changed any settings.  

also my speed test on at&t is showing high latency which I've never seen since I switched to fiber. It's always a stable 11ms every time I run a test.  

Annotation 2022-07-28 201203.png

Annotation 2022-07-28 215358.png

11 hours ago, Kwee said:

Over the last few weeks I've been noticing high ping spikes on pingplotter. I've never seen spikes like this before in the last 2 years. It's always a stable 13ms. I get little spikes of like 10-15ms sometimes but nothing like this before. Any answers on a solution to fix the issue? I haven't changed any settings.  

also my speed test on at&t is showing high latency which I've never seen since I switched to fiber. It's always a stable 11ms every time I run a test.  

Is the AT&T speed test run directly from your AT&T router or from a device connected to it? Can you connect a device directly to that router and check to see if you're still getting the same spikes?

still having the same issue. I really think the issue is my router can't handle this 1gbps fiber connection, I've been having issues in gaming with random ping spikes since I switched to fiber

Also been noticing  [WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] showing up a lot in the router logs and invalid ip packet in the modem logs 

LAG 2.png

LAG.png

When I set up IP Passthrough on my AT&T modem should I use the ethernet adapter physical address? When I type ipconfig/all on command prompt I see a different physical address listed then the one in IP passthrough.

I just did a Manual entry instead of choosing the router in the device list and used my computers physical address and also changed it in DUMAOS interface under internet setup. I selected "use computer MAC address" but it doesn't really matter now because I changed it under IP passthrough so it's showing on all 3 choices under  "Router MAC address" with the new MAC address I updated on the AT&T interface under IP passthrough 

Right now at this time everything seems to be running smooth. I will keep pingplotter running and see if the issue starts up again later today

Just wanna make sure this is not a user issue before I have a tech come out and check the lines and modem for issues. 

Thanks

ip.png

OS.png

GOOD.png

• Administrators

Great to hear that! Ideally you would set it to the router MAC address and if you're not sure what that is you can look on the sticker on the underside of the router and it will show there. If it's all good now it may have been a one off or peak time congestion but do keep an eye on it.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that! Ideally you would set it to the router MAC address and if you're not sure what that is you can look on the sticker on the underside of the router and it will show there. If it's all good now it may have been a one off or peak time congestion but do keep an eye on it.

the madness starts again. I tested the modem by itself and having the same issue. I guess my next step is to call at&t and have a tech check my lines and modem. XR1000 is not the issue.

I noticed in the Logs under monitoring I'm getting flooded with [WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC 

this happens every 40 seconds to 1 minute in the log

also I noticed when I did a reset on the XR1000 it's listing the default mac address with a 15 instead of a 14 at the end of the MAC address. Should I just use the correct one that's listed on the back of the router or is that normal and just leave it at 15?

super lag.png

INSANE.png

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, yeah I'd suggest reaching out to them, it may be an issue with your line.

Regarding the error in the logs, do you have any devices, perhaps IoT devices, that connect to the XR via wireless and are having any issues? 

I did a full reset on the XR1000 and just changed the wifi name and password. issue is gone now. I always have my kids friends using the wifi so tons of devices always on and off the network.

Just spoke with AT&T and he changed my MTU to 1472 instead of 1500 on the AT&T modem. The issue is still the same. He didn't tell me he did this I just checked all the settings after he told me he did some configure changes. Going to have a Tech come out and do some testing. it's pointless for these guys over the phone to do some basic test that I can do myself.

I ran some MTU test in CMD in windows at 1472 and 1500 and it's saying "Packets needs to be fragmented but DF set. (100% loss)

if  I run it at 1444 MTU I get (0% Loss) anything higher starts to give me loss. 

11 hours ago, Kwee said:

Just spoke with AT&T and he changed my MTU to 1472 instead of 1500 on the AT&T modem. The issue is still the same. He didn't tell me he did this I just checked all the settings after he told me he did some configure changes. Going to have a Tech come out and do some testing. it's pointless for these guys over the phone to do some basic test that I can do myself.

I ran some MTU test in CMD in windows at 1472 and 1500 and it's saying "Packets needs to be fragmented but DF set. (100% loss)

if  I run it at 1444 MTU I get (0% Loss) anything higher starts to give me loss. 

OK thanks for letting us know, let us know the result of the engineer visit and if there's anything else we can do to help.