Loss of speeds

I suddenly loss speeds through my R2, Get around 48/18 on fiber 

I have unplugged for 10 minuets and also factory reset, Congestion control disabled and even tried to reset my modem. 

Speeds came back after a reset but then back down 10 minutes later to a couple of Mbps and everything is really slow

Reset again and noticed when i use speedstest.net speeds return  until i start to download games etc all speeds drop and games take HOURS to download

Thanks for posting.

So speedtest.net is reporting the correct speeds but game download are not?

Could you run a Connection Benchmark from the DumaOS interface and post a screenshot of the results?

Are all devices on the network connected to the R2, or do some still connect to the upstream router/modem?

Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers in order for you to get a connection to the internet?

Thanks for the reply

Speedtest.net shows when downloading games on xbox it drops from normal speeds to only a few Gbps but it also shows speeds are normal when nothing is being downloaded. 

So that games on Xbox says est time is 17 hours plus when normally be a couple of hours max

All devices connected to the R2 

No requirements as far as i know as normally everything is fine

Sky's Hub i have tried direct to the router and the speeds are fine while downloading 

Just seems to be the R2 but i have only just had this problem 

Been on the latest firmware since release so that's been fine

Just swapped out ethernet cable and that's the same 

Yes R2 is in DMZ 

Nothing changed or anything added recently

I was on holiday for a few days and came back to download/update games and noticed all this happening 

I thought unplugging the R2 for 10 minutes would solve it

Reset everything down to the router

Everything seems to be normal 

When downloading xbox games how can my speeds drop significantly while downloading? 

I have prioritized the xbox for uploading and downloading too 

Connection Benchmark shows everything is fine while not downloading? 

• Administrators

Did you prioritize the console for downloading prior to this issue occurring or as a potential solution? If prior then that is quite possibly why as TP is primarily meant for low intensity traffic so disable it and see if you get the same issue

I always prioritize the xbox so i don't lag, On Console or Duma classified games option and give more upload/Download then any other devise 

When i factory reset nothing was enabled and still got the low speeds while downloading and then normal speeds after 

Just started a download on Xbox and it's 3.17mbps download and 7.43 mbps upload, Est time to download is 6 hours 

I would normally download in a hour or so 

Pause the download then speeds jump back up to 44.45 mbps  download and 15.35 mbps upload 

• Administrators

Are you in the Xbox Insider Program by any chance? I've seen weird issues like this before that have happened, almost always on Xbox and nothing has changed except an Insider build has gone out!

Funny you should mention that because i have had issues with insider program before with pubg and the xbox it self on two separate  occasions 

I don't mess with that anymore  i deleted it long time ago

I am getting packet loss on pubg too via the network stats bar 

6 hours ago, MrRelentlessUK said:

Ok I have tried these steps 

still getting the same issue 

Also tried to clear browser history 

We would expect download speeds/speed-test results to be reduced when both occurring at the same time. They're both very greedy and try to grab as much bandwidth as possible.

Could you perhaps run some Ping Plotter tests while the network is quiet and when it is busy with Downloads? You can follow the below guide then simply send over screenshots of your results.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

• Administrators
16 hours ago, MrRelentlessUK said:

Just started a download on Xbox and it's 3.17mbps download and 7.43 mbps upload, Est time to download is 6 hours 

I would normally download in a hour or so 

Pause the download then speeds jump back up to 44.45 mbps  download and 15.35 mbps upload 

In this example, your speeds are ~45 megabits per second, when downloading it's measure in megabytes per second, so with your 45 megabits you could expect around 5.5-6 megabytes per second, so is there anything using traffic when downloading to account for the rest?

Not that i'm aware of Fraser 

I have a WiFi extender that's connected to the R2 but the rest are normal devices like Sky Q, Phones and Ipads 

No one was using anything on the network when i was testing with downloading Xbox games