keep losing internet 2x a month

jame0174

after i put my foot in my mouth telling everyone how great the r2 is this happens .The only way to get it back is to do a factory reset of the r2. My cable modem has internet but the r2 keeps drooping. i am on the newest firmware .Forgot to add all of the Ethernet ports feel lose for some reason the cables wont click in

How exactly are you factory resetting the R2?

Are you able to access the DumaOS interface when this occurs? You can do so by going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser.

Does simply disconnecting the power cable, leaving it for a few minutes, then reconnecting it not solve the problem?

• Administrators

When you put the cables in it can feel like you're pushing too hard but don't be put off, push it in until you hear a click and it should stop falling out.

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

thanks for the reply  i push all the cables in until they click but they still fall out. I had to go back to the xr1000 because my  wife is working from home and needs the internet.Every thing was great until the new update.Another thing i found out  my ping is lower on the r2 than on the netgear 1000.Now i have to convince my wife nhe r2 won't go off line all the time and the ports work rite 

• Administrators

What orientation do you have the R2 sitting in? How did you do the reset after the upgrade exactly? You could try downgrading to the previous version to see if that is still better. Where are you measuring the ping and how much lower is it?

I had the r2 on a stand next to my modem .I was getting 13 ping with the r2 on speed test now on the xr1000 i get 37 ping. On the connection benchmark the r2 i had a for all of the test and on the xr1000 i have c for my speed and a b for my ping and a b for under load

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

How exactly are you factory resetting the R2?

Are you able to access the DumaOS interface when this occurs? You can do so by going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser.

Does simply disconnecting the power cable, leaving it for a few minutes, then reconnecting it not solve the problem?

i did the paperclip and interface 

Thanks for letting us know, make sure you hold the reset pin for a minimum of thirty seconds for the R2 to actually reset.

Are all ethernet cables having this problem? If you're hearing a click then I don't think the ports could be causing this. Perhaps try a few different cables and check that the issue is the same across all ports.

If you can, make the configuration changes Fraser suggested too as that should help prevent any disconnections.

I push the cables in until they click but they still fall out I held the rest for 30 sec.I switched back to the XR1000  so my wife can work without disconnecting. Maybe I have a defective r2 

33 minutes ago, jame0174 said:

I push the cables in until they click but they still fall out I held the rest for 30 sec.I switched back to the XR1000  so my wife can work without disconnecting. Maybe I have a defective r2 

Understood, try a few different cables and a few different ports on the R2. Also try these cables on different ethernet ports you may have to make sure they don't fall out of those.

If you are able to connect the R2 back up again, we can troubleshoot it further with you. Just let us know if/when that's possible.