Ping Heatmap / Vanguard

7 hours ago, mindlash said:

SO... :) might we be dealing with the same thing as before?  I've tried updating the ping list too.  Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.1d45e650a955306b3ea4860dab392d19.png

We did a Ping Heatmap update yesterday, could you please now try going to the three-line menu in the top left of Ping Heatmap and 'Flush cloud' from there.

It may also be worth clearing your browser's cache after this too.

• Administrators

Could you put the XR in the DMZ of the Microtik please and see if it then works? This fixed it for someone yesterday, I believe that as you've just forwarded CoD ports to the XR on the Microtik that it's not able to ping the servers correctly or download the list properly

• Administrators

It was in Twitter DMs, copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page then access the MicroTik interface and look in Firewall, Security or LAN/WAN Settings for the DMZ and then paste in the IP. CoD servers are different in that they don't respond to traditional pings like other games so more work has to go in to getting them to work.

I wish it were that simple... My understanding is that it's not -- unlike more user-friendly routers, this requires DMZ entries in the form of Firewall 'settings'...  Hard to explain, but there's no simple DMZ section.  Would love to have someone though help me with that. (Any Mikrotic admins?) :D  Plus, wouldn't this negate service to all other devices using the Microtik? I may just test this by using the net duma by itself off of my cable modem (like I did last time... but that didn't work at the time).

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, mindlash said:

I wish it were that simple... My understanding is that it's not -- unlike more user-friendly routers, this requires DMZ entries in the form of Firewall 'settings'...  Hard to explain, but there's no simple DMZ section.  Would love to have someone though help me with that. (Any Mikrotic admins?) :D  Plus, wouldn't this negate service to all other devices using the Microtik? I may just test this by using the net duma by itself off of my cable modem (like I did last time... but that didn't work at the time).

If you can port forward you can forward all ports to the XR as a test instead just to see if it works. In theory yes but actually they should be able to use the internet as normal and you likely wouldn't notice any difference. Yes you could try direct to the modem as well to double check.