Ad Blocker Web blocker more like

When I have ad blocker on web sites just wont load (Far too many to mention), Logitech's website takes 5 minutes to load. When I stop ad blocker and load Logitech's website there really doesn't appear to be any ads, though I did knock of tracking too, and that could be the thing.

I should have thought there may be a down side, when I installed the new firmware (R2 3.2.453) and was given the option to add ad blocker, though never gave it a second thought. Should it really have such a massive affect?

33 minutes ago, Mrbchambers said:

When I have ad blocker on web sites just wont load (Far too many to mention), Logitech's website takes 5 minutes to load. When I stop ad blocker and load Logitech's website there really doesn't appear to be any ads, though I did knock of tracking too, and that could be the thing.

I should have thought there may be a down side, when I installed the new firmware (R2 3.2.453) and was given the option to add ad blocker, though never gave it a second thought. Should it really have such a massive affect?

No, it shouldn't have an affect like that.

To confirm, are you simply using the default lists in the 'Adblocker lists' panel, or have you added any of your own?

When navigating to the Logitech website, for example, does the bubble chart next to your device show that it's blocking domains? Can you check the Top Blocked Domains chart and see if there's anything getting blocked that shouldn't be? URL's relating to Logitech for example?

If you find anything, you can create a whitelist with these domains and that should resolve the problem. You could also send them over to us here so we can add them in to the default whitelist for the next update.

• 5 months later...

I'm a little late on this but I just purchased the R2 and noticed the exact same issue. When the ad blocker is enabled various sites like fedex and espn would not load.

I have disabled ad blocker for now. I'm on firmware 3.2.453 and I was just using all the default ad blocker settings/lists.

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, brandonk said:

I'm a little late on this but I just purchased the R2 and noticed the exact same issue. When the ad blocker is enabled various sites like fedex and espn would not load.

I have disabled ad blocker for now. I'm on firmware 3.2.453 and I was just using all the default ad blocker settings/lists.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the report, any others please do let us know, in the meantime you can add them to your whitelist so they can load while still blocking ads elsewhere.