Hybrid VPN Unresponsive

Jabra

Earlier today I applied a Wireguard configuration file to the Hybrid VPN however it resulted in the following errors.

Tue Jun 28 12:24:56 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.hybridvpn: RPC call 'status' exception '?:0: attempt to index field 'instance' (a nil value) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> ?: in function 'get_vpn_log' ?: in function <?:99> ?: in function <?:370> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:334> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:413> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:267> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:39> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?' Tue Jun 28 12:24:43 2022 user.err com.netdumasoftware.hybridvpn: Missing or malformed mandatory field: LISTENPORT Tue Jun 28 12:24:43 2022 user.err com.netdumasoftware.hybridvpn: WireGuard Error: something went wrong with the config file. Tue Jun 28 12:24:06 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.hybridvpn: RPC call 'status' exception '?:0: attempt to index field 'instance' (a nil value) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> ?: in function 'get_vpn_log' ?: in function <?:99> ?: in function <?:370> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:334> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:413> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:267> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:39> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?' Tue Jun 28 12:24:04 2022 user.err com.netdumasoftware.hybridvpn: Missing or malformed mandatory field: LISTENPORT Tue Jun 28 12:24:04 2022 user.err com.netdumasoftware.hybridvpn: WireGuard Error: something went wrong with the config file.

Now the Hybrid VPN is not loading to replace with an alternative file, what's the resolution please?

image.thumb.png.cc9bc6f499465e864e765a9b62ed062e.png

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide the config you used please? Reboot then see if it loads correctly, if not you will have to do a factory reset to remove the config to allow it to load again

A reboot resolved the app not loading but still no luck with getting the VPN to work.

I've DM'd you the configuration file (ProtonVPN) that gives me the following error:

Tue Jun 28 21:37:52 2022 WARNING: Failed running command (--up/--down): external program exited with error status: 3
Tue Jun 28 21:37:52 2022 Exiting due to fatal error

Edit: I've just tried with Hotspots Shield and get the same error.

(Not sure where my last post replying to Fraser went?)

I'm running R2 3.2.453 and while removing the commented lines from the file changes the VPN status to connected, none of my devices ever reflected that and once connected the logs never updated. If I use either the Windows or iOS apps on relevant devices everything works as expected.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I'm not sure whether it will be having an effect, but could you please remove the commented (#) lines from the config file, then try again?

Could you also please confirm exactly which firmware version you're using?

32 minutes ago, Jabra said:

(Not sure where my last post replying to Fraser went?)

I'm running R2 3.2.453 and while removing the commented lines from the file changes the VPN status to connected, none of my devices ever reflected that and once connected the logs never updated. If I use either the Windows or iOS apps on relevant devices everything works as expected.

Apologies, I marked your other post as hidden just because of the config file.

Have you also now added your device(s) to the VPN Traffic panel on the right? If not, do that, they'll then be going through the VPN.

If you want to VPN all traffic from the device, select 'Do not VPN these services' from the drop down menu, then simply don't add any services.

I found a solution to overcome this inconvenience! I electrically turn off the devices I want to configure in HVPN! Then I restart the netduma router. For some reason, leaving a device plugged in/connected with a stream that is configured in HVPN (XBOX for me) fails the validation of the configuration file!

On 6/29/2022 at 1:51 PM, Fuzy said:

I found a solution to overcome this inconvenience! I electrically turn off the devices I want to configure in HVPN! Then I restart the netduma router. For some reason, leaving a device plugged in/connected with a stream that is configured in HVPN (XBOX for me) fails the validation of the configuration file!

Could you help my Ive been trying to get a connection using pure vpn