Clickable links won’t work

kenny Reel

so everytime i click a link someone sends me it will not work itll say DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN it randomly started doing this. ice reset my router an modem still order work. i’ve tried deleting my cache an flushing my dns still doesn’t work. idk what happened but it’s very frustrating. 

1 hour ago, kenny Reel said:

so everytime i click a link someone sends me it will not work itll say DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN it randomly started doing this. ice reset my router an modem still order work. i’ve tried deleting my cache an flushing my dns still doesn’t work. idk what happened but it’s very frustrating. 

Does this still occur if you are connected directly to the modem instead of the R2?

Have you set your own DNS settings on the R2 or on your PC at all?

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Does this still occur if you are connected directly to the modem instead of the R2?

Have you set your own DNS settings on the R2 or on your PC at all?

haven’t tried straight to modem an no i haven’t changed settings for dns on r2

15 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, could you please test if it still occurs straight to the modem?

tried it on my modem an it works just fine its just not working on my router idk why after i did the update is when this started happening it even happens on my phone as well 

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have any Traffic Controller rules currently configured? Are you using Adblocker at all?

no traffic rules an adblocker has always been on. i haven’t changed any settings on my router settings. after i updated it’s been doing this. 

• Administrators

Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then access, go through the wizard then see if it is working.

A factory reset is a good idea after an update as it removes any remnants from the previous version that may linger and cause issues.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then access, go through the wizard then see if it is working.

A factory reset is a good idea after an update as it removes any remnants from the previous version that may linger and cause issues.

did that an still doing the same thing

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to and how is it setup modem/bridge mode or R2 in its DMZ etc?

it’s a arris surfboard sb8200. just have ethernet going from thst to my router an ethernet from router to my pc. never have touched anything in bridge mode or dmz ever 

if i go in to change adapter settings on my ethernet settings (not in the netduma interface) like from my desktop if i change the dns to googles i can click on links but when i take it off it stops. which don’t make any sense cause before the update i never had an issue 

• Administrators

Okay interesting, in Network Settings on the R2, on the WAN side under network, is Use upstream DNS toggled on? If it is toggle it off then toggle on DNS Override and put 1.1.1.1 in primary DNS & 1.0.0.1 in secondary DNS, save network and see if it works then

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay interesting, in Network Settings on the R2, on the WAN side under network, is Use upstream DNS toggled on? If it is toggle it off then toggle on DNS Override and put 1.1.1.1 in primary DNS & 1.0.0.1 in secondary DNS, save network and see if it works then

i’ve never done anything tho in adapter settings an added a dns an don’t want a secondary dns 

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

that didnt work either 

• Administrators

A secondary DNS is important because it takes over if the primary DNS fails e.g. if the server goes down, the secondary DNS still uses the same company e.g. Cloudflare or Google, if you're not putting it in and primary goes down that could be related to the issue. 

Setting on the PC works but doing so on the router doesn't? Could you provide a screenshot of how it is set please?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

A secondary DNS is important because it takes over if the primary DNS fails e.g. if the server goes down, the secondary DNS still uses the same company e.g. Cloudflare or Google, if you're not putting it in and primary goes down that could be related to the issue. 

Setting on the PC works but doing so on the router doesn't? Could you provide a screenshot of how it is set please?

i set it exactly how you told me to set it. an it didn’t work

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We've seen a similar issue with someone else so we'll take a look, in the meantime use DNS on the device itself to ensure a stable connection.

i have a internet connection just can’t click on clinks. it does it on my phone also but once o turn wifi off my phone an use just data it works fine again.