BO2 connection deteriorating?

AsNCo

Is Black Ops 2 lag getting worst?
I've not been able to achieve my usual above 4.0 K/D in games even with a low Geo-filter radius.
Or is the Lag Compensation getting worst and now those annoying 1-3 bar players are getting a higher advantage?
Platform: PS3 for reference and comparison

Ive got a day off today so I have just been playing bops2 on Xbox and it was playing fine.

Now on the other hand last night it was awful shoot first die first.

I turned it off in a rage, it has not played bad for me since the duma.

I went to check the congestion control page for some reason and dam I had left it on 100% by accident, there is a lesson there :)

Ive got a day off today so I have just been playing bops2 on Xbox and it was playing fine.

Now on the other hand last night it was awful shoot first die first.

I turned it off in a rage, it has not played bad for me since the duma.

I went to check the congestion control page for some reason and dam I had left it on 100% by accident, there is a lesson there :)

Haha. But that's the thing. My settings are as it should be. Now I tried some new settings in my congestion and it seems to have helped a bit.

Georgia in the US. One thing i did notice was moving my location to the west coast and play on those servers. The games were a LITTLE better but not to noticeable. Im always getting melted by 2 or 3 bar players so i thought id give it a try. Lol

I would have thought the ps4 would have had a higher number than xbox , strange.

I imagine that a lot of those numbers were from people who haven't made up their mind on whether they are switching over or not.  While we have known for awhile PS4 was going to get the exclusivity, you have to think about the average, basic, player who buys a new copy every year and plays for a bit before something else catches their eye.  I suspect those numbers will even out and PS4 will take the lead after the Beta*

*Assuming the Beta isn't a disaster, which I don't personally believe it will be.

I was just thinking about the numbers that bought the ps over the one in the first place.

Ps smashed it out of the park on numbers.

Agreed.  They definitely went the route of concentrating on the gamer and not trying to re-invent the home entertainment system via MSFT's grand world vision.

I think there is a Borderlands set to drop at some point soon also, right?  That might have a bunch of folks lined up for that as well.

I believe the only reason the pre orders are so high is because of the beta. I personally wouldnt have pre ordered as i told myself i would never preorder another cod again. Then they HAD to do a beta lol.

LoL! VGchartz is a USA Pre-Order Chart. Obviously the Xbox One will get a greater number.
And let's be honest. People are pre-ordering the game now for the purpose of testing the Beta. They still have like 3 months to change or cancel their pre-order after the Beta before they make the switch.

Okay, getting back on topic here.  4.0 K/D?  I'm finding it hard to feel bad for you....LOL   :P

I have pretty much played 90% of my post [Duma] purchase (Late Dec 2014) on Black Ops 2.  I didn't like Ghosts and I had less than 6 hours in on AW before I decided it just wasn't "my CoD".

So the connection is something I am pretty familiar with at this point and I do feel it has gotten more sporadic, but I truly believe some of that is the number of people coming back to it since Black Ops 3 was announced.  

3 months ago, I rarely if ever had to adjust my settings unless I was playing on Thursday or Friday nights.  I run 87's on my sliders, set my Geo to Washington, Oregon, North Kali and parts of Idaho and Utah and I was GOOD 2 Go!  I have a ton of bad hosts blocked and I have some really good ping P2P hosts rated at 97 or 98, so they get priority in the host search.

Now I find myself adjusting things based on night and player count.  If I jump on and see 60K online, I know I have to go wide on the Geo Filter and drop the sliders down to the 70 or 75 rating.  

Then the tuning and tweaking begins.  There is a guy here with a good YT channel named Simjc (or something like that) and he has done some tuning videos for the [Duma] that helped me kind of stumble around and feel my way to making improvements.  One of the things he was saying was to adjust your slider bandwidth based on how the kill cam looked as opposed to how you saw it go down.

Now I don't have any formula or rules I go by, but if the kill cam looks ridiculous, I note it and look for it the next time I die.  If I see the same thing, I start with walking the sliders down in number (from 87 to say 83 or 80) and then keep playing.  After a few different deaths, you can kind of find a sweet spot.  

87 was working perfect me for quite awhile, but now I have to say I am noticing it not as standard as it was a couple of months back.  I do notice a lot more players on line though, so I suspect some of this will just be tuning, rating the hosts and looking for good lobbies.

My hope is that come launch, I can set my Geo _Filter to a very tight circle around the Seattle and surrounding area, see a ton of hosts, and keep it there for the first few months of the game, constantly connecting with a >15ms ping.  Hopefully.  But time will tell on that plan.....

Zennon thanks alot for the suggestion!i Ive been playing Bo2 with the 70/70 both ways and ping assist off. Ive found the connection to be better than normal for the past 3 or 4 days. I was always using PA and it never works well for me. Guess not using it seems to be better for me atleast. Thanks again!

Now I don't have any formula or rules I go by, but if the kill cam looks ridiculous, I note it and look for it the next time I die.  If I see the same thing, I start with walking the sliders down in number (from 87 to say 83 or 80) and then keep playing.  After a few different deaths, you can kind of find a sweet spot.  

The Kill Cam is just a representation of what happened a.k.a. a recreation. It is not accurate at all. So, don't go by the Kill Cam AT ALL. Go by how the game(s) play and feel in a match.

I wish they would take KC out and leave Theater Mode because TM is the actual game itself versus a recreation. Accuracy vs. replication.

We all know the Q3 engine is past its prime, but the KC only confuses most players into thinking it's REALLY bad when it's not as bad as the KC makes them think. The KC is why people hate QScopers because it looks like they didn't even hit them, but in reality they did.

Archived