R2 3.2 Ping heatmap cloud sync issue

rdgbasilio

After update (and factory reset), the cloud sync is no more syncing. It says Cloud data has not been downloaded. Make sure you have an internet connection and click FORCE UPDATE. After clicking on force update, a pop-up message says "Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp.

• rdgbasilio changed the title to R2 3.2 Ping heatmap cloud sync issue

I have the same issue and can confirm that I have performed a factory reset of the router to ensure I am working from a clean slate. I get the Cloud data has not been downloaded. Make sure you have an internet connect etc etc.

Same as the OP when I click to force update I get the error The operation is taking longer than expected.

I think the problem lies when setting up the Geo-Location in the setup process on factory reset. It's currently not detecting any input on location

Press Set Location to enter your nearest city or town (e.g. London).

Once you begin typing in location. Instead of auto suggesting you location. It will show "Loading" and never bring up any suggestions of locations. Then it will also disconnect or mention no Internet Connection. Didn't have this issue with the 'testing' firmware.

In addition, it appears that the home address feature in Geofilter also does not function correctly at this time. I suspect, as TrayDay pointed out these issues are all related to an inability for the router to access the device location.

I'm having the same issue on the XR1000.

On the ping heat map I get  "Cloud data has not been downloaded. make sure you have an internet connection and click FORCE UPDATE"

On the Geo-Filter I get " The Geo-Filter was not able to access the cloud. Please ensure you have an active internet connection. IF THE PROBLEMS PERSISTS, CONTACT SUPPORT."

If I try to set my location on the Geo-Filter this is what I get "RPC error 'ERROR_CMDFAIL': Exec '//usr/bin/geoip -f /tmp/geoip_ipc2 -h -a "31" -l "-88"' failed with 1"

I've factory reset this thing 3 times today.  I'm on FW 1.0.0.64_1.0.49

I know this is for the R2, but this is currently happening to me on an XR1000. This router has been nothing but problems for me, but this one takes the cake.

• Administrators

Thanks for the information, although it's not great it has affected the XR1000 as well it does indicate it may be a cloud issue in which case we should be able to fix it without a firmware update.