Packet Burst icon's in Warzone

Kwee

I keep getting random packet burst symbols in warzone. It's not all the time just every once in awhile during a match.

anyone else experiencing this issue and know a solution to fix it? I don't get this in any other game but Warzone

7 hours ago, Kwee said:

I keep getting random packet burst symbols in warzone. It's not all the time just every once in awhile during a match.

anyone else experiencing this issue and know a solution to fix it? I don't get this in any other game but Warzone

How do you currently have QoS configured? Do you also notice any issues while this symbol is showing or does the game still appear to be running smoothly?

I noticed it was kind of skipping me around at times but most of the time I don't notice any issues when it pops up. 

my QoS is at 70% on both sliders and set to auto

I'm on fiber internet with at&t 1gbps up and down

I found some videos online and people noted the internet provider was causing the issue and when they switched providers the issue was gone. I hope that's not my case because I don't wanna switch back to cable internet since the upload speeds are still so much slower then fiber. 

Are you on PC or console?

Have you added any custom rules to Traffic Prioritisation or are you using DumaOS Classified Games?

If so, is plenty of traffic being detected and prioritised? You can tell when it's prioritising because a red light will appear on the rule.

I'm on PC and I have Traffic Prioritization on Games console. It's detecting  plenty packets and my NAT type is Open.

Why don't they have a option for call of duty or warzone under Traffic Prioritization? Every game is listed but those two.

• Administrators

Are you using the Geo-Filter? If so what is the ping shown there and do you notice the ping spike when the issue occurs? What is the in game ping showing?

For PC it should be covered by DumaOS Classified Games automatically. Given the frequency of CoD games it is easier to have a general Call of Duty profile which is available.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using the Geo-Filter? If so what is the ping shown there and do you notice the ping spike when the issue occurs? What is the in game ping showing?

For PC it should be covered by DumaOS Classified Games automatically. Given the frequency of CoD games it is easier to have a general Call of Duty profile which is available.

I’m setting up Geo filter right now. Doing the method you provided for geo filter settings on PC. 

Should I just enable dumaOS classified games instead of picking games console and picking my PC as the device? I play Warzone/call of duty and CSGO and I’m sure dumaos classifed would cover both those games? 

7 hours ago, Kwee said:

I’m setting up Geo filter right now. Doing the method you provided for geo filter settings on PC. 

Should I just enable dumaOS classified games instead of picking games console and picking my PC as the device? I play Warzone/call of duty and CSGO and I’m sure dumaos classifed would cover both those games? 

Yeah DumaOS classified games will cover both of those. Have a play with it and see how it feels, you can re-add/re-enable the other rule with the PC as Games Console and compare the two if you like.

My kids play Fortnite, If I have dumaos classified games enabled will that cause any conflict when were both gaming? I'm pretty sure it will  prioritization fortnite and warzone at the same time since they are on the same network. I'm plugged in with ethernet and they use WIFI for gaming

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Kwee said:

My kids play Fortnite, If I have dumaos classified games enabled will that cause any conflict when were both gaming? I'm pretty sure it will  prioritization fortnite and warzone at the same time since they are on the same network. I'm plugged in with ethernet and they use WIFI for gaming

Yes it's possible it will prioritize both but realistically it shouldn't cause any issues for either game when playing at the same time

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still getting the packet burst and now latency variation issues in warzone. I disabled QoS and have been enjoying a great connection until today. Should I enable QoS again and maybe Adjust the sliders from 70/70 and see if this helps the issue? 

image0 (1).jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Will this cause issues if I'm running both of these? I noticed with dumaOS classified games it won't pick up warzone. So I just added my own for my PC and used target games console and it works every time I play now. My son plays fortnite so I enabled Classified for him so he gets traffic prioritization as well.

Would it be better to just add his PS4 and use fortnite as the target instead of dumaOS classified?  

Annotation 2022-07-18 175359.png

9 hours ago, Kwee said:

Will this cause issues if I'm running both of these? I noticed with dumaOS classified games it won't pick up warzone. So I just added my own for my PC and used target games console and it works every time I play now. My son plays fortnite so I enabled Classified for him so he gets traffic prioritization as well.

Would it be better to just add his PS4 and use fortnite as the target instead of dumaOS classified?  

It shouldn't cause any issues, however if you wanted to you could add his PS4 and select the 'Games Console' service for that too, that should work just as well as you can disable DumaOS classified games after that too.