GeoFilter not working - PC

Geo filter doesnt ping any servers and it doesnt filter anything. I’ve tried making my pc as playstation, tried resync cloud but it doesnt do anything. I’m on Netduma R1 3.0.207

I was trying to play warzone but i tried vanguard aswell and yea it shows nothing, like its not filtering or something. It shows a dedicated server when i load up the game for like a sec near California but then it disappears, and nothing while searching for a match

• Administrators

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely (check the System Tray)
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works.

• Administrators

You mention you see something when you boot up the game which should indicate it is working, do you see anything on the map when you're in game?

Have you done manual port forwarding, put PC in the DMZ or are you using a VPN?

1 hour ago, waqarmalek said:

Nope, I dont see anything on the map when I'm in the game. I don't have any port forwarded. I'll try putting my PC in DMZ see if that changes also not using any VPN.

Update: nope doesnt change anything

• Administrators

Don't put your PC in the DMZ it's a security risk, I just wanted to know if you had done as it might be bypassing the Geo-Filter. Are you using any Traffic Controller rules? Check the IP on the PC itself, then double check the Device Manager, does the IP match the device you think it is there?

Just now, waqarmalek said:

I wasn't using geo filter at all for awhile so, I didnt had anything setup.  decided to try it couple of days ago and it wasn't working. 

I did use it after the upgrade which was awhile ago and it was working.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, waqarmalek said:

Okay, dont know what changed but its working. Im seeing all the servers and the server which im connected to in game. I literally didint change anything

Technology can be weird sometimes! Glad to hear it's working, let us know if it happens again.

What i noticed is that it will stop working if you have NOT been using in a while and will need to factory reset the router to make it work again or else it will not work at all. This is a huge inconvenience of the Geo filter router.

I have tried everything and the only thing that made it work again was a factory reset of the router. So if you havent been using the router for a while, you will have to factory reset the router to get Geo Filter working again.

• Administrators

What do you mean by not using it for awhile - as in, not accessing the interface and changing settings? Not gaming? That would be very odd, I can't see why that would happen unless the IP for your device had changed, in which case giving it a reserved IP should resolve that.

When not using the Geo filter for a whilel. When i was using the Geo filter constantly it worked fine, after maybe not using it a month or 2 it will stop geo fencing and will not show any icons when launching COD.

Happens 2 times and the only way to resolve it was to factory reset the router.

Designated PC IP has not changed, even if it changed. Adding it and readding to the geo filter list would that not register the new IP of the device?

• Administrators

Okay that's interesting, not had any reports like that before - do you leave the device added to the Geo-Filter the entire time then? 

In theory but the device may appear as a different name for example, set the reserved IP just in case and see if it re-occurs.

10 hours ago, PillCosbyJr said:

Yes. Device was added but no turned on for a month. It stopped working after that. 

I have deleted and readded from the list with the same hostname. Same issue

It may be that the cloud is out of date. This is automatically re-sync'd on a reset so that would be why it appears to resolve the problem.

Next time it happens, go to the three-line menu in the top left of the Geo-filter map and hit Resync Cloud, then see if it fixes it.

Yup have done that, resync it and still did not work.

Here is what i figured out

When you add a device on Geo Filter. You will see your computer hostname for example PC1 and couple of unnamed device.

I added PC1. Geo filter did not work. So i was wondering what are the other unnamed device.

I went thru Device Manager on the DumaOS web interface. Searched each unnamed device and see what their IP are and PC1 IP. It happens that one of those unnamed device was also PC1. Rename the unnamed device to PC2. DumaOS sees 2 devices while its only 1 PC.

So i go back to Geo Filter, added PC2 and it works. On the list i still see PC1.

It appears that your main PC1 can also be with unnamed device on the list. You will have to go to device manager and rename it, add it on geo filter with the "new" device and it will work

Sounds like DumaOS gets confused listing