Cant filter into Saudi and Dubai Battle Royale onnly rebirth from the UK

TheVET54

Hello there! 

I have been using my duma now for nearly a month, i play warzone only. 

I have been trying to get into games in UAE servers (Saudi, Dubai, Jeddah, Bahrain, Qatar) i live in the UK, I'm using a PC and have my device set at as a PlayStation as i have seen suggested here by devs. i have port forwarding rules set on both duma and my ee router to have open nat type in warzone. dmz on both duma and ee box to. 

im using polygon mode to draw boxes around these populated areas in the UAE and i have covered the main Server icon that displays on my geo map near Dubai and Qatar, my in game search ping stars at 100ms as expected, i can search and find games of rebirth sometimes under 1 minute, but when im searching for standard battle royale i cannot find ANY games at all... itwont even throw me into the "looking for 134 more players " pre game bit where it would either put me in the lobby or then re search, its not doing anything ping stays at 100-103ms never climbs when searching. 

i have tested in other areas being america and brazil, i can connect to games in south america which is futher away from the uk then dubai? how would it let me into games over there and not into UAE games? can anyway shed some insight it would be most appreciated im loosing my mind here lol      

i have also attached some screenshots of my settings for my duma.

1528240973_dubaimap.thumb.jpg.1492b6a2142799885f877398a8ab40f6.jpg

qos ports.jpg

Screen Clip 2.jpg

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Remove port forwarding rules on the EE router, that is unnecessary when using the DMZ and could cause conflicts, I would also suggest removing them on the R2. Is it the R2 WAN IP in the EE router DMZ? If you have put the PC in the DMZ on the R2 remove that now, it is a major security issue, your PC is basically open to the internet. Your Traffic Prioritization rules also aren't doing anything at all, remove those and use the Games Console rule you previously added instead.

As far as I can tell from the server you're seeing in UAE there, it is actually mislocated and probably not a game server either. It's not guaranteed you'll be able to get servers further away, the purpose of the Geo-Filter is to force the closest servers possible for the best connection, not to get around SBMM. Do try this though:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely (check system tray)
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Why would it let me connect into south america with the same settings i have shown here but no let me connect to UAE which is CLOSER to the uk?

also for dmz on R2 i put the last 3 numbers of my ipv4 ip onit ? if i dont use dmz on both ee router and duma then i dont get open nat type? thats why i have port forwarding added on both duma and ee and dmz.

what settings should i use if im filtering ?

What do i enter as my ip for DMZ on my duma? i have deleted the port forwarding rules of both my EE box and DUMA r2.

deleted the traffic prioritisation also.

in my ee smart hub page when i go to dmz section it asks me what device i want to select i.e duma, pc , or my other pc . i choose duma ? then for dmz on duma i was entering my ip address of ipv4 when i use ipconfig /all in CMD 

• Administrators

You don't need DMZ on both, you should copy the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page and put that in the EE DMZ or as you mentioned select duma as the device. You don't need to use the DMZ on the R2, by the sounds of it you did DMZ your PC which is a big no-no.

Using Polygon and Ping Assist at 0 is fine that's not a problem, as to why the game won't put you on the UAE servers I couldn't say, those servers in particular may have a ping limit.

I have always had DMZ to the DUMA in my EE Smart manager. 
i never used dmz until getting a router as it was suggested to use to have a OPEN nat type.  if i dont use DMZ on the duma then my in game nat type is still moderate in warzone? i have to DMZ on both my EE box and the duma for open nat type to appear. 

I use the last 3 digits of my IPV4 address which is 151 and thats what ive put at end of dmz address on the duma. (ive changed it now to my wan ip from system info on duma )

this is what my EE box setting look like, i deleted all port forwarding as you said both boxes.

my problem is that i can connect to UAE Rebirth games absolutely fine but normal BR i can NOT connect to them... im using the same box around qatar and dubai how will it let me in rebirth but not BR quads if there is a ping cap? and if theres a ping cap why can i get into games in south america being its 5,333 miles away from the uk and dubai is 4,300 roughly lol 

Screen Clip 1.jpg

Edited by TheVET54
forgot to mention i followed the step given by the dev.

• Administrators

The DMZ on the R1 can only be used for devices, you've set it to itself essentially which won't do anything but could cause an issue, don't use it at all please. You've set the DMZ on the EE router that is good, that's all you need to do in regards to NAT. It is highly likely the moderate reading on the game is caused by the Geo-Filter blocking the NAT server - it doesn't mean you have a moderate NAT just that it can't do a reading correctly.

I mean individual servers/regions may have differing ping limits, reason being the network infrastructure in South America is likely not as good as the UAE for example therefore they allow for higher pings, that's just a guess. If you can get rebirth games with those settings then the router is doing it's job so for BR the router won't treat it any differently so it will be something on the game/server side preventing that happen.

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The DMZ on the R1 can only be used for devices, you've set it to itself essentially which won't do anything but could cause an issue, don't use it at all please. You've set the DMZ on the EE router that is good, that's all you need to do in regards to NAT. It is highly likely the moderate reading on the game is caused by the Geo-Filter blocking the NAT server - it doesn't mean you have a moderate NAT just that it can't do a reading correctly.

I mean individual servers/regions may have differing ping limits, reason being the network infrastructure in South America is likely not as good as the UAE for example therefore they allow for higher pings, that's just a guess. If you can get rebirth games with those settings then the router is doing it's job so for BR the router won't treat it any differently so it will be something on the game/server side preventing that happen.

thank you for your response mate, i have turned of DMZ on my R2, deleted all port forwarding on both boxes.

changed my QOs back to just games consoles being on. 

DMZ is only on my ee box now and i can confirm i do still have open nat now with just dmz on my EE router and using a GEO filter to south america, which i am still able to load into games on battle royale fine lol dubai just will not let me into battle royale only rebirth so i am thinking it something to do with there Server.