Changes.

I was looking in the nighthawk ios app, under router settings and “internet port” my gateway ip changed from 192 to 10.11 and the subnet mask went from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.255.255 is there any way I can change those back?

10 hours ago, Rylo said:

I was looking in the nighthawk ios app, under router settings and “internet port” my gateway ip changed from 192 to 10.11 and the subnet mask went from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.255.255 is there any way I can change those back?

It does that to avoid conflict. This usually means the modem above the XR is using the LAN IP 192.168.1.1. Have you recently changed the router/modem above the XR?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

It does that to avoid conflict. This usually means the modem above the XR is using the LAN IP 192.168.1.1. Have you recently changed the router/modem above the XR?

I’m about to rn I just got a replacement modem today 

• Administrators

It won’t cause you any issues having that happen, if it didn’t do it you probably would not be able to access the interface or get internet. If you’re getting a pure modem you can likely change the details back on the XR then

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It won’t cause you any issues having that happen, if it didn’t do it you probably would not be able to access the interface or get internet. If you’re getting a pure modem you can likely change the details back on the XR then

How could I change it? The new modem is in now and it’s still the same modem it’s a router/modem, I checked on the xr1000 and the subnet mask is 255.0 and so is the modem I’m thinking that could also be my problem because I don’t believe it was like that before and last time the xr1000 changed to 10.Something it wasn’t playing well 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rylo said:

How could I change it? The new modem is in now and it’s still the same modem it’s a router/modem, I checked on the xr1000 and the subnet mask is 255.0 and so is the modem I’m thinking that could also be my problem because I don’t believe it was like that before and last time the xr1000 changed to 10.Something it wasn’t playing well 

If it was a different modem it would likely have a different IP but as it's the same it would be the same. What is the model of the modem? Can you put it into modem/bridge mode?

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it was a different modem it would likely have a different IP but as it's the same it would be the same. What is the model of the modem? Can you put it into modem/bridge mode?

It’s the same ip 192.168.2.1 it’s the home hub 4000 and still doing pppoe, my XR is set to 192.168.1.5 never had issues with it. The subnet mask won’t change back to 0 and the gateway ip hasn’t changed either 

It’s something to do with pppoe because when I go back to dhcp everything goes back to the correct values but when I go back to pppoe it goes back to 255.255 and 10.11 hasn’t been an issue before tho so it’s kinda weird