XR1000 Crash

When I play Elyon, and form a team with another player, within minutes the router crashes. I lose all internet connections and the WAN light on the router turns red. It eventually recovers. This only happens when in a team. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Harley said:

When I play Elyon, and form a team with another player, within minutes the router crashes. I lose all internet connections and the WAN light on the router turns red. It eventually recovers. This only happens when in a team. Any ideas?

That's very odd, do you still have access to the interface when this occurs? If so, can you go to System Information and download a copy of the log file, then send it over to us?

8 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's very odd, do you still have access to the interface when this occurs? If so, can you go to System Information and download a copy of the log file, then send it over to us?

I think I do have access, yes, or at least it does return after a minute or two. I will find out as soon as I can get someone to form a team with. I am here all the time but alas other players are not.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Very peculiar, are you trying to use the Geo-Filter with friends? Are you hosting or are they hosting?

No, I am not using geo-filter.

It's an mmo but they are hosting the party ( if the term hosting applies to an mmo ? )

Unfortunately they haven't come back on line so there is little I can do until they do.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Harley said:

No, I am not using geo-filter.

It's an mmo but they are hosting the party ( if the term hosting applies to an mmo ? )

Unfortunately they haven't come back on line so there is little I can do until they do.

Okay good to know thanks, keep us posted!

Argh, typically it did not crash again. Having failed twice in quick succession, it decided it was going to be OK.

The only information I can post about it is that the teammates internet was playing up, causing some terrible lagging at my end of things. I would have put the event down to a simple timeout except for the fact that my internet connection light went red and I temporarily lost all connection to the internet. Steam disconnected and Firefox stopped working. I reset the router by turning the power off and back on and everything was fine. It then happened again about five minutes later. Alas at that point my friends internet connection completely failed and he was off for the rest of the day, lol. This time I continued to check things out and the connection recovered by itself. At all times the "modem" was full green lights showing the connection was in fact fine. I might add that the modem is one of the new openreach fiber units which actually has pretty much nothing in it at all.

1 hour ago, Harley said:

Argh, typically it did not crash again. Having failed twice in quick succession, it decided it was going to be OK.

The only information I can post about it is that the teammates internet was playing up, causing some terrible lagging at my end of things. I would have put the event down to a simple timeout except for the fact that my internet connection light went red and I temporarily lost all connection to the internet. Steam disconnected and Firefox stopped working. I reset the router by turning the power off and back on and everything was fine. It then happened again about five minutes later. Alas at that point my friends internet connection completely failed and he was off for the rest of the day, lol. This time I continued to check things out and the connection recovered by itself. At all times the "modem" was full green lights showing the connection was in fact fine. I might add that the modem is one of the new openreach fiber units which actually has pretty much nothing in it at all.

That's interesting, something certainly caused it to reboot then. If it does occur again, can you see if you're able to go to the interface and download a copy of the log file from System Information? That might tell us a little more about what's going on.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's interesting, something certainly caused it to reboot then. If it does occur again, can you see if you're able to go to the interface and download a copy of the log file from System Information? That might tell us a little more about what's going on.

Yep. I'm on it! Appreciate it's useless just saying "it crashed".