I can not connect to any severs in my area.

Hest maps shows several.

image.thumb.png.3ab8ca88544db35e97cac612044daf83.pngHest 

But when I try and select that area in the geo filter.....they show then are gone.  I end up on an east coast server.

image.thumb.png.d88e6aab747b520c9c130b9bcae9dde7.png

I allow and deny server but can not connect to allowed servers.  At times I have been connected to a server that I denied.

image.thumb.png.3dabc6d092b8cf98e2480a83d106f40f.png

image.thumb.png.b8a84d0b103c435b8a149bcc58e6b87a.png

Ive tried Auto ping and strict and that does not do anything.

Ive used the Polygon mode and still get connected to servers outside of it.

image.thumb.png.77e5f791f1cb7a6017d6863906ec4eca.png

image.thumb.png.d13b99b77d7dc76db2efbad601853bcc.png

I've had the same issue for months. Takes me 10-20 minutes to join a BR server. I can join a rebirth server within seconds.

If I turn off geo filter I can join a BR server after 1-2 minutes but it's always 60ms+

On 5/17/2022 at 3:32 AM, Netduma Liam said:

The servers you're getting connected to outside your radius appear to be Ping Assist servers.

Could you please set Ping Assist to zero, then see if you're only getting connected to servers within your radius.

Setting to zero did nothing.  It shows servers inside the radius but will not connect to them.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 5.48.43 PM.png

• Administrators

As the others have mentioned, the servers in your area appear to only be active for Rebirth now, that's nothing to do with us so you will likely have a hard time getting servers in that area if you're not playing Rebirth.

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works any better.

On 5/21/2022 at 3:02 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

As the others have mentioned, the servers in your area appear to only be active for Rebirth now, that's nothing to do with us so you will likely have a hard time getting servers in that area if you're not playing Rebirth.

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works any better.

does not work

The servers you're getting connected to outside your radius appear to be Ping Assist servers.

Could you please set Ping Assist to zero, then see if you're only getting connected to servers within your radius.

I tried that and still does not work.  I can not connect to any over the servers that I have selected as "allow".   This is what the Geo filter shows.  The XBOX says searching for match <90ms ping.  That server has a ping of 15 and is close to where I live.  I can only connect to east coast servers and it takes about 5 minutes to connect.  Then the ping is 100-130 and makes it impossible to play COD Battle Royal.

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 6.47.03 PM.png

That does not work.  Im at zero.  Ive tried to make the radius larger....that does not help.  Ive put it to Polygon mode....servers will shows in the radias but i can not connect to them.  Its as if your router is blocking me from connecting.  If I try and play with friends....we can not connect to games.  As soon as I leave the party...they can connect top games. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 6.57.31 PM.png

Geo-filter shows that you're connected to that server, but I suppose it's possible that it's an authentication server and not used for matchmaking, that would explain why you're not actually able to get into a game.

Just to clarify, if you switch filtering mode off, what icons do you see on the map? You'll probably still see the same server that we suspect might be for authentication, but you'll likely also see another one which will be the server you're actually playing on.

Have you tried playing on the Texas/Oklahoma server the other users have mentioned? What ping do you get to those? 

I live in Southern Ca.  Here is the images from the Heat Map.  It shows 2 servers in my local area when I ping Call of Duty War Zone.  The server you are talking about is over 70.  Its my understanding that the "heat map" will show me the closest servers for the game I select so that I can manage the Geo filter around those.  None of those things happen.  What am I doing wrong?  image.thumb.png.69e8c03edf307d7d56680c566d19e732.pngimage.thumb.png.8dde91aa8063972992b1a570632b7b4f.png

image.thumb.png.ee719f5f95122a1f1d7290b943118a45.png

image.png

• Administrators

It's nothing on your side, as some of the other members mentioned above, for some reason they seem to have stopped people playing on the West Coast for the BR game mode and they therefore force people to the East Coast. Rebirth still seems to allow West Coast servers. Unfortunately if they are not using those servers we can't make you play on them. Ping Heatmap is different, we can ping the servers but it doesn't mean they are available - sometimes games take servers online/offline for a variety of reasons, peak time, server load etc.

• 1 month later...

Geo Filter on my PS5 doenst do anything. Warzone keeps connecting me to my closest server in Netherlands. I have tried million different things to get it working. 

I found a strange workaround. When I turn on HybridVPN the Geo Filter suddenly starts working exactly like it should. See 3rd en 4th screenshot. 

So there seems like there is a bug in your firmware.  When I disable HybridVPN the issue is also back.  See 1st and 2nd screenshot. 

With HybridVPN "OFF" the GeoFilter has never worked for me. The router doesnt block any servers outside the selected area.

With HybridVPN "ON" I havent had a single issue. The router blocks everything outside the box 

I use a XR500 with 2.3.2.134 firmware.

Screenshot_20220716-085935.png

Screenshot_20220716-085948.png

Screenshot_20220715-215606.png

Screenshot_20220715-201121.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@Suadit's nothing to do with HybridVPN, you have Ping Assist set to 200ms which is basically allowing any server, set it to 0 and it will adhere to your radius

I did the test with Ping Assist on 0, and you are right, its working pike it should without

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@Suadit's nothing to do with HybridVPN, you have Ping Assist set to 200ms which is basically allowing any server, set it to 0 and it will adhere to your radius

You are right, it works😘