Question ( XR1000)

I was just looking in my router a few seconds ago and noticed that in QOS Work At Home the Upload and Download Packets are 0. This strikes me as odd because I have an ATA on the router. Should that not register on WAH? If not I could completely disable the WAH?

Capture.JPG

• Administrators

Is that for connecting a physical phone to? If so that won't have been classified, we've done things like Zoom, Skype etc that a lot of people use. We can certainly look into classifying that kind of device.

Yes. It's a Cisco 192 ATA.  I was just surprised that it didn't show up. I am not concerned though since I have not had an issue with it.

I was a little confused when I tried to add it to the devices in the WAH and instead of just allowing me to select high or low priority it gave me a list of apps. Wasn't sure what to select.

I am not good with ports. I am not sure how to find out.

Doesn't the router display this information? The router is aware of it's presence but no indication of port or anything that I can see. Does it even use ports? I don't know.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Would be better to have a look at the ports it uses and then make manual rules for those ports and you'll be good to go.

Does it use ports? I don't know. I can't see anything that says it does. Should the router say something? I was always a noob with ports!!

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The router won't say the ports it uses, all you need to do is look up the precise model + ports in Google and you should find the details that you can just put right in

Are you sure it uses ports? I mean I can't find any reference to them at all.

• Administrators

Everything connected online will communicate using ports, I couldn't find anything specifically about the ports for it but at the end of the day it is VoIP so it should use the standard port 5060 so make a rule:

Source 5060
Destination 5060
Protocol TCP/UDP

and see if it prioritizes when it is in use.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Everything connected online will communicate using ports, I couldn't find anything specifically about the ports for it but at the end of the day it is VoIP so it should use the standard port 5060 so make a rule:

Source 5060
Destination 5060
Protocol TCP/UDP

and see if it prioritizes when it is in use.

No that doesn't work 😞

I think you are about right with that port though. I found something in the configuration that mentioned a range of ports 5060-5080. I tried 5060 then I tried the entire range and nothing seemed to work. It also mentions something called RTP ports??

Interesting though, I tested some things for other devices and it seems to be generally working. The network overview is interesting. It shows me accessing the phone but seems a bit unsure what it is. It initially shows blue (voip) but then turns green (livestream) once the call is connected. However, neither of these data categories get the priority lights to switch on. I also note that no matter what I do, the Work At Home Lights remain off.

In passing I am not really sure what Work At Home is supposed to do, and it doesn't seem to ever light up. I am not very bothered about that, since I don't really use it.

AH I FOUND IT! It recognises the ATA as a video call. Shouldn't Work At Home have recognised that?? It didn't.

There does seem to be something wrong with Work At Home, it never seems to recognise anything. I have left mine off. Can you find out if it is working? Is it perhaps just not displaying anything?

Capture.JPG

4 hours ago, Harley said:

No that doesn't work 😞

I think you are about right with that port though. I found something in the configuration that mentioned a range of ports 5060-5080. I tried 5060 then I tried the entire range and nothing seemed to work. It also mentions something called RTP ports??

Interesting though, I tested some things for other devices and it seems to be generally working. The network overview is interesting. It shows me accessing the phone but seems a bit unsure what it is. It initially shows blue (voip) but then turns green (livestream) once the call is connected. However, neither of these data categories get the priority lights to switch on. I also note that no matter what I do, the Work At Home Lights remain off.

In passing I am not really sure what Work At Home is supposed to do, and it doesn't seem to ever light up. I am not very bothered about that, since I don't really use it.

AH I FOUND IT! It recognises the ATA as a video call. Shouldn't Work At Home have recognised that?? It didn't.

There does seem to be something wrong with Work At Home, it never seems to recognise anything. I have left mine off. Can you find out if it is working? Is it perhaps just not displaying anything?

Well done for working it out and thanks for letting us know.

In the next version of DumaOS, there will be massive improvements to how we identify traffic so you should notice your issue fixed as part of that.