Need help with Port Forwarding Destiny 2 on PC

Hi. My ISP just got me a new MODEM/ROUTER CenturyLink Calix 844G-1 that i turned the WIFI off. My connection is the 844G-1 > R1 via ethernet. I want to open ports for Destiny 2 on PC and questions are:

* Should i open the same ports on the MODEM/ROUTER and the R1?

* Is there anything involving the DMZ that i must configure?

* By default, the R1 WAN IP is set at the DMZ on the MODEM/ROUTER. Should i change something or should i leave it?

* I have no clue on Port Forwading on this new MODEM/ROUTER. Any advice how should i open those ports in case i have to open it on the MODEM/ROUTER?

According to the Bungie website, the ports the be opened are for PC are:

- TCP: 80, 443, 1119-1120, 3074, 3724, 4000, 6112-6114, 7500-7509, 30000-30009.

- UDP: 80, 443, 1119-1120, 3074, 3097-3196, 3724, 4000, 6112-6114, 27015-27200 

Ports to be forwarded: 

- TCP: n/a

- UDP: 3074, 3097

Im adding some pics for the DMZ and Routing on my new MODEM/ROUTER. Any help would be appreciated.

image.thumb.png.094e4accb6f2c559f0ad1406324d3d54.pngimage.png.4b2eaf929772b98f41980579b8f95173.png

image.png

If it's just a case of ensuring there's no NAT problems, simply add the R1 to the DMZ and reserve it's current IP from the new modem's settings.

Then, you won't need to configure any port forwarding at all, the DMZ will handle all of this.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

If it's just a case of ensuring there's no NAT problems, simply add the R1 to the DMZ and reserve it's current IP from the new modem's settings.

Then, you won't need to configure any port forwarding at all, the DMZ will handle all of this.

Can you please provide me an example on how should i properly add the R1 to the DMZ?

Yes, im having some NAT problems on Destiny 2. I want my NAT Open and not moderated. Sometimes, im getting booted from comptetive matches and sometimes it takes a lot to find a lobby. Also, with the old Modem, i couldnt open any port for any game due some restrictions and policies of my ISP. Now the policies have changed, i have a new Modem and i can freely open any ports but im not sure how to do it properly. 

20 hours ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Can you please provide me an example on how should i properly add the R1 to the DMZ?

Yes, im having some NAT problems on Destiny 2. I want my NAT Open and not moderated. Sometimes, im getting booted from comptetive matches and sometimes it takes a lot to find a lobby. Also, with the old Modem, i couldnt open any port for any game due some restrictions and policies of my ISP. Now the policies have changed, i have a new Modem and i can freely open any ports but im not sure how to do it properly. 

It looks as though you've already done it, just remove any port forwarding rules you've also created as that will likely cause conflict. Once done you shouldn't have any more NAT problems. 

Are you using Geo-filter with Destiny? If you disable filtering mode do you still get disconnected?

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

It looks as though you've already done it, just remove any port forwarding rules you've also created as that will likely cause conflict. Once done you shouldn't have any more NAT problems. 

Are you using Geo-filter with Destiny? If you disable filtering mode do you still get disconnected?

So, what its shown on picture 1 is the correct way to add the R1 to the DMZ? Im having a Moderate NAT on Destiny.

Destiny 2 on Steam is the only the game im playing right now and Filtering Mode is always off. I think filtering mode ON, does not work with Destiny properly. Also, strict, auto ping, and fast search are off. Yes, sometimes i get error codes and booted from lobbies. Also, there is something funny i found on Ping Heat Map. Theres a 40ms ping for Destiny 2 located in Chile. What does this could mean? Should i try Filtering mode on the radius of that server?

image.thumb.png.a060fd9056e7aa00a45baff9f2309142.png

• Administrators

Yes what you have done is the correct way. Are you checking the NAT status in game or on Windows? Have you done any port forwarding rules on the R1 or set the DMZ or disabled UPnP?

It will be a mislocated server, you could try forcing it or using Ping Assist instead

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes what you have done is the correct way. Are you checking the NAT status in game or on Windows? Have you done any port forwarding rules on the R1 or set the DMZ or disabled UPnP?

It will be a mislocated server, you could try forcing it or using Ping Assist instead

Hello Fraser, Thanks for the reply and helping.

Im checking the NAT status in game, i do not know how to check the NAT Status on Windows. It always says Moderate. Yes, i did a few port forwarding rules on the R1, the ones that are on the Bungie website that are above. I dont know how to set the DMZ on the R1, can you provide an example? The UPnP on the R1 is still ON.

How do i force that server? Should i use Filtering ON, Strict ON and set Ping Assist to 40ms? or Filtering OFF, Strict ON and Ping Assist 40ms?

image.png.721a22e9a3ce339ec808bc739786f29c.png

• Administrators

To check your NAT status on Windows do the following:

1. Go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking
  2. It will automatically run the test, this will usually fail
  3. Click 'Fix it' and wait for the confirmation message
  4. Click 'Check again'
  5. It should come back with your NAT type

If it is Open then it is highly likely the game is misreading your NAT Type.

I'd suggest removing those Port Forwarding rules, very unlikely you need them as UPnP is enabled on the router and the game is only dictating the one it wants. You probably don't need to set the DMZ and I would not recommend doing so for the PC as it is a security risk.

You have to have Filtering on otherwise you can't filter, strict on yes, if you want to exclusively try to do it with the radius then put Ping Assist to 0.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

To check your NAT status on Windows do the following:

1. Go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking
  2. It will automatically run the test, this will usually fail
  3. Click 'Fix it' and wait for the confirmation message
  4. Click 'Check again'
  5. It should come back with your NAT type

If it is Open then it is highly likely the game is misreading your NAT Type.

I'd suggest removing those Port Forwarding rules, very unlikely you need them as UPnP is enabled on the router and the game is only dictating the one it wants. You probably don't need to set the DMZ and I would not recommend doing so for the PC as it is a security risk.

You have to have Filtering on otherwise you can't filter, strict on yes, if you want to exclusively try to do it with the radius then put Ping Assist to 0.

Just "Checked agin" with NAT Type: Strict

Im deleting all those Rules as youre suggesting.

I will try with Filtering ON, just tried a game with Filtering OFF and got me to a 95ms lobby clearly ignoring the 40ms Ping Assist. But, with Filtering ON, should i put my location on the sea?

image.png.882563b4fb470ff835a88de84c907acc.png

• Administrators

With Filtering off none of the Geo-Filter options will be active so Ping Assist would be ignored. If you want to go purely with Ping Assist you put your location in the ocean yes.

You may have a CG-NAT, could you follow that part of this guide and let us know the results? http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

With Filtering off none of the Geo-Filter options will be active so Ping Assist would be ignored. If you want to go purely with Ping Assist you put your location in the ocean yes.

You may have a CG-NAT, could you follow that part of this guide and let us know the results? http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

Just did the test and apparently i have a CG - NAT because im seeing 3 lines instead of 2. Im adding a screen of the Test. What should i do next?

image.thumb.png.4a031a1f2aad083b66b13750e032a3c0.png

• Administrators

Yes it does look like you have a CG-NAT - the only two solutions are to change to an ISP that doesn't use it or get a static public IP from your ISP (they usually charge for this). Just double check though and see if you have an Open NAT when directly connected to your Centurylink modem

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it does look like you have a CG-NAT - the only two solutions are to change to an ISP that doesn't use it or get a static public IP from your ISP (they usually charge for this). Just double check though and see if you have an Open NAT when directly connected to your Centurylink modem

Yeah, i just talk with my ISP and they do charge for a public IP. Its actually meant for corporative clients. Im not sure if i could change the ISP thou, because the only downside is the NAT issue, the rest is actually good and is a decent service. Just in case, im gonna do the test connected directly on my Centurylink.