Xr1000 and dhcp

Hello forum 

Just a question   could I get the guest network to use a different dhcp/dns if not could I use another device to set my dhcp and still have all the functionality of the dumaos if would things start to become limited.

Thank you, look forward to your reply 

• Administrators

No it's not possible and you can do that but the XR would see the device handling DHCP and any devices behind it as one device. So you wouldn't have that individual device control and so Geo-Filter/QoS may not work as optimally. 

If you provide your usecase perhaps I can think of a solution that provides the best of both worlds.

Thanks for reply, I just wanted certain devices to run under a different dns , also I have a young child that's pretty good at gaming but just lack parental controls as in limit Web sites / timing schedules.  

• Administrators

You could set the DNS up on a device level but it would be overridden by the DNS at the router level. You could use DynamicDNS for the parental control aspect perhaps or maybe utilize Adblocker for blocking and Traffic Controller for schedule e.g. turn off internet at X time

OK thanks , even with latest firmware and a fa tory reset I'm still having dhcp problems only way I can get a device to connect is reboot router everytime, this problem has been going on for a year for me now.

4 hours ago, yquzac said:

OK thanks , even with latest firmware and a fa tory reset I'm still having dhcp problems only way I can get a device to connect is reboot router everytime, this problem has been going on for a year for me now.

What's the DHCP problem exactly? Device simply aren't connecting? Or they're connecting but then don't have internet access afterwards?

1 hour ago, yquzac said:

Both some refuse to connect or connect without Internet only fix is a reboot every couples or hours or days 

Could you please go to Settings -> Setup -> LAN Setup and change the minimum DHCP range value to be 192.168.1.50.

Then, add address reservations for each device on the network. Make sure you are giving them IPs between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.49.

After that, check to see if devices are still having trouble with DHCP.