Blocking Destiny Servers

IceCold

Any idea how I can block the servers in my region ? .  So matchmaking can search elsewhere . 

With the geofilter not working as used to , tryna find a way to block out the servers that Destiny is automatically trying to connect to . If I move the geofilter out of my area matchmaking still connects through my home servers somehow .

cheers

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have filtering mode enabled? 

When you get connected to one of these servers, are you still seeing an icon for it on the Geo-filter map?

Could you please provide a screenshot of how you've currently got Geo-filter configured?

• 4 weeks later...

I've pretty much give up on trying to block destiny 2 servers because I'm a pvp player and since destiny 2 hybrid systems makes it impossible for me to isolate my server for enjoyable game.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, jamrock176 said:

I've pretty much give up on trying to block destiny 2 servers because I'm a pvp player and since destiny 2 hybrid systems makes it impossible for me to isolate my server for enjoyable game.

Are you just trying to filter to get a close server or are you trying to match solo or against friends?

LOL IVE TRY THAT SETTING SOME MANY TIMES. LET ME GIVE A LITTLE INFO ON WHAT IVE. IV THE OG NETDUMA R1, XR500, XR700, AND THE R2. AS IT STANDS THE XR700 IS MY MAIN ROUTER AND THE R2 IS FOR MY PC AND PS5. SO RIGHT NOW MY LOCATION IS IN THE OCEAN AND PING ASSIST IS SET TO 65

• Administrators

Ping Assist doesn't work as well with Destiny, try just using the radius instead, if that isn't working please include a screenshot of the Geo-Filter page of how it is set showing what you see when trying to get a game.

As you can see from the pic I've the filtering off on the 1st pic and filtering pic on the second pic, no different. I would try and find a match with the filtering on then when I am loaded into the match I would turn it off because it makes the hit register impossible sometimes. I assume it's because I'm trying to hit someone that is out of my filtering circle. 

I also included a pic of my heat map. Which I've 3 good server in my geographic area, but I would sometime connect to them, that's when I can tell the difference in game play hit registion is on point. 

• Administrators

As the game was already on the game had already determined you could connect to all the servers hence when you turned it on those connections were already active and therefore not blocked. You need to have the Filter enabled before you start up the game, then it will work. Close the game, enable filtering mode, wait 2 minutes then launch and it will block correctly.

• 2 months later...