Having issues with unprioritized received packets

I've tried to solve this issue a few months ago with no fix.

Just seeing if you guys might have some new updates or tips to fix this and get it back to "0".

Right now it's saying I have 3089703 unprioritized packets. Just seems like something is off with that high of a number.

• Administrators

Are you referring to Traffic Prioritization? If so that is quite normal, unprioritized packets is your normal traffic isn't covered by your Traffic Prioritization rule e.g. web browsing, downloading, streaming etc so absolutely nothing to worry about.

I still get unprioritized packets even with Traffic Prioritization off, is that normal? how can I turn that off completely? I've just noticed other users never have any unprioritized packets on DUMAOS from the videos I've seen online. So what's the reason for me getting a large number of unprioritized packets and others getting zero?

• Administrators

They're independent features, unprioritized packets don't mean the same thing on both. Your connection has a little bit of packet loss, which is why you're seeing unprioritized packets on the System Information page. Your unprioritized packets represent 0.01% of your total received packets so it is nothing really, you would not notice any difference with that, it is within normal parameters so you can safely ignore it. As to why others see 0 it just depends on their ISP etc.

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=9fcd09dd-48f8-4c82-b06b-b4ce122a9601

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=e72af52a-55f8-492c-ba07-3eae1a4bf5bf

720ms spike and 30 jitter seems insanely high

I keep getting high jitter on download with random results. why can't the XR1000 run this test with out running into issues? I used dslreports back in the day with no issues but this test keeps giving me random results all day. Pingplotter seems stable during my test. It's just waveform doesn't like the XR1000 for some reason. I guess it could just be me, seems like other dumaos users report great results on waveform test.

Just looking for a quick test to check my connection before I game. Don't feel like waiting 10min and running pingplotter every time to check the line. any good bufferbloat test to use besides these 2 methods?

1 hour ago, Kwee said:

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=9fcd09dd-48f8-4c82-b06b-b4ce122a9601

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=e72af52a-55f8-492c-ba07-3eae1a4bf5bf

720ms spike and 30 jitter seems insanely high

I keep getting high jitter on download with random results. why can't the XR1000 run this test with out running into issues? I used dslreports back in the day with no issues but this test keeps giving me random results all day. Pingplotter seems stable during my test. It's just waveform doesn't like the XR1000 for some reason. I guess it could just be me, seems like other dumaos users report great results on waveform test.

Just looking for a quick test to check my connection before I game. Don't feel like waiting 10min and running pingplotter every time to check the line. any good bufferbloat test to use besides these 2 methods?

Other than that the tests seem pretty good! Can you let us know how exactly you were running these tests? I.e. were you congesting the line while running the test, if so how? Any other info just so we can double check would be helpful.

I just flood the XR1000 with HD videos and run ping plotter during the hours my network is busy with home users. I have over 10-15 devices connected to my XR1000 and everyone is watching videos or gaming during these test to cause congestion on the network.

waveform just does the congestion for me during the test so I don't really notice why I would get worst results from one to the other. Just seems odd that others get more consent positive feed back from waveform results.  

just making sure this wont effect my real-time gaming experience in FPS with such high jitter and buffering issues coming up in this test.

Also my phone and tv sometimes buffer when watching videos, I have 1 gig up and down. that shouldn't be happing with those speeds right? 

15 hours ago, Kwee said:

I just flood the XR1000 with HD videos and run ping plotter during the hours my network is busy with home users. I have over 10-15 devices connected to my XR1000 and everyone is watching videos or gaming during these test to cause congestion on the network.

waveform just does the congestion for me during the test so I don't really notice why I would get worst results from one to the other. Just seems odd that others get more consent positive feed back from waveform results.  

just making sure this wont effect my real-time gaming experience in FPS with such high jitter and buffering issues coming up in this test.

Also my phone and tv sometimes buffer when watching videos, I have 1 gig up and down. that shouldn't be happing with those speeds right? 

OK, if you reduce your sliders in Congestion Control to around 70% each can you run another Ping Plotter and check the results?

10 hours ago, Kwee said:

Just updated the firmware on DUMAOS and I can't change my QoS download and upload. Keep getting this error.

Since you've updated, could you please factory reset the XR1000. That should get rid of any low-level code left over from the previous firmware that could cause issues/conflicts.

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, if you reduce your sliders in Congestion Control to around 70% each can you run another Ping Plotter and check the results?

Since you've updated, could you please factory reset the XR1000. That should get rid of any low-level code left over from the previous firmware that could cause issues/conflicts.

I did a factory reset twice right after I downloaded the firmware. Still having the same issue 

• Administrators

It's worth noting that bufferbloat occurs when your network is saturated, with your speeds and with QoS enabled this wouldn't happen, especially if you're just gaming, in which case you would not experience spikes like that in game.

Traffic Prioritization can also interfere with that test. Best bet is to use PingPlotter, according to this guide, while downloading (specifically this, HD videos will not saturate your connection due to your speeds) http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping and experiment with the percentages to find what keeps the ping as low/stable as possible on the bottom graph.