PC device-Geo Filter

Erik

good morning forum!  I have a problem with the geo filter.  Lately on warzone it seems the geo filter is not working well;  I live in Italy, I set the radar throughout Europe and I struggle to find matches;  it takes a long time.  reading in various forum posts I saw that several users have changed the PC category from computer to PlayStation.  question: as a category of the device should you put: games console, Play station or Xbox?  right now it was set as Computer.  thank you all.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We usually just recommend PlayStation but you can pick any of them really, they will have the same affect. Let us know if that improves your experience at all.

I tried setting the pc as PlayStation: the games are found much faster, there seems to be less delay a d desync in the game (I win a lot more head-on clashes).  I don't know why but if I put Ping assist 0 the search is a bit slower than when I set it to 45/50 ms.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

With Ping Assist set to 0 you're just relying on the radius, with Ping Assist enabled you're allowing the possibility of more games to be allowed why is why it is faster. Glad you're having a better experience!

thank you!  I was convinced that the Ping Assist at 0 was looking for games with the lowest Ping inside the circle not outside.  having put the PC as a playstion device, do I use the ports to open for PC or PS?  also better to use UPNP or port forwarding?

• Administrators

You're just changing the Device Type so it can be added with the Games Console service on the Geo-Filter, you're still playing on PC so would use the game ports for the PC if needed. They both achieve the same function but it's much easier to just leave UPnP enabled.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You're just changing the Device Type so it can be added with the Games Console service on the Geo-Filter, you're still playing on PC so would use the game ports for the PC if needed. They both achieve the same function but it's much easier to just leave UPnP enabled.

thanks fraser.  I have the impression, however, that if I activate L upnp I don't have the same positive feelings in game as I use port forwarding.  is this normal?  or does it depend on the internet provider?

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Erik said:

thanks fraser.  I have the impression, however, that if I activate L upnp I don't have the same positive feelings in game as I use port forwarding.  is this normal?  or does it depend on the internet provider?

There are so many variables in networking and every connection is different. In theory they both perform the same function, one automatically, one manually and so from our point of view either should give you the same effect but we do hear from people that say they have a similar experience to you. At the end of the day whatever works best for you is the way to go - just don't put your PC in the DMZ as that is a big security risk.

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

With Ping Assist set to 0 you're just relying on the radius, with Ping Assist enabled you're allowing the possibility of more games to be allowed why is why it is faster. Glad you're having a better experience!

so with a ping assist of 40-50 ms it will look for games outside the range of the geo filter?

4 hours ago, Erik said:

so with a ping assist of 40-50 ms it will look for games outside the range of the geo filter?

With Ping Assist set to 40-50ms, Geo-filter will not block connections that are outside of your radius if they are below 50ms ping. It's not necessarily actively looking for these connections, it just won't block them if the game client attempts to connect to them.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

With Ping Assist set to 40-50ms, Geo-filter will not block block connections that are outside of your radius if they are below 50ms ping. It's not necessarily actively looking for these connections, it just won't block them if the game client attempts to connect to them.

I'm sorry but I still don't understand the difference between pin assist 0 and Ping assist 40-50

21 minutes ago, Erik said:

I'm sorry but I still don't understand the difference between pin assist 0 and Ping assist 40-50

No problem, I'll try be clearer:

Ping Assist 0: Servers inside your radius will not be blocked, everything outside the radius will be blocked.

Ping Assist 40ms: Servers inside your radius will not be blocked, everything outside the radius that is over 40ms ping will be blocked. Connections under 40ms will not be blocked.

Let me know if you've still got any questions.

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Ping Assist 0: Servers inside your radius will not be blocked, everything outside the radius will be blocked.

Ping Assist 40ms: Servers inside your radius will not be blocked, everything outside the radius that is over 40ms ping will be blocked. Connections under 40ms will not be blocked.

now everything is much clearer!  thanks!!  knowing that in Europe the servers in the map range from 19 to 40 ms what value do I put in Ping assist?

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're trying to force specific servers I'd suggest using the radius instead but if you're happy with any of them then put 40

16 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I made several tests: with Ping assist Between 40..50 ms warzone works perfectly I have no delays or lag problems;  otherwise if I set Ping assist to 0 I find games with Ping about 20 but I obviously have problems with desync in the game, the enemy clearly sees me that 0.5..1 sec before me and there is no way to win a direct match .

5 hours ago, Erik said:

I made several tests: with Ping assist Between 40..50 ms warzone works perfectly I have no delays or lag problems;  otherwise if I set Ping assist to 0 I find games with Ping about 20 but I obviously have problems with desync in the game, the enemy clearly sees me that 0.5..1 sec before me and there is no way to win a direct match .

OK, there's a few things that could cause this but it would overall be better anyway if you were to leave Ping Assist enabled. You have more servers available to you this way and you're not relying on the seemingly poor servers that are inside your radius.

51 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, there's a few things that could cause this but it would overall be better anyway if you were to leave Ping Assist enabled. You have more servers available to you this way and you're not relying on the seemingly poor servers that are inside your radius.

what could be the causes?  I will keep the ping assist at 45 as recommended by you then

2 hours ago, Erik said:

what could be the causes?  I will keep the ping assist at 45 as recommended by you then

It could be a few things, if the servers close to you are under high load they could perform worse at certain times of the day that servers that are slightly further away. There's also phenomenon like lag compensation to consider whereby you may be hindered slightly by the game server in order to balance out the varying connections of other peers.

On 4/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, Netduma Liam said:

It could be a few things, if the servers close to you are under high load they could perform worse at certain times of the day that servers that are slightly further away. There's also phenomenon like lag compensation to consider whereby you may be hindered slightly by the game server in order to balance out the varying connections of other peers.

thank you! with this map and these pings, which ping assist value would be right for me in your opinion?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

7 minutes ago, Erik said:

thank you! with this map and these pings, which ping assist value would be right for me in your opinion?

40 should cover those for you, though if you find matchmaking is a little slow you could always up it to 45-50. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

40 should cover those for you, though if you find matchmaking is a little slow you could always up it to 45-50. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

I followed your instructions, but is it normal for me to avoid the closest servers and connect only to the farthest ones? on 2 matches connected only in netherlands.

4.PNG

16 hours ago, Erik said:

I followed your instructions, but is it normal for me to avoid the closest servers and connect only to the farthest ones? on 2 matches connected only in netherlands.

It can be yes, there'll be a reason why the game server doesn't want to connect to those closer servers, it's not a decision Geo-filter makes. If they're under high load or under performing for any reason, the game client will connect you to slightly higher ping server I suspect.