Device manager showing PC offline when it is not

image.thumb.png.63bb4dafefdbf79dbb63c076a5317799.png

What's weird is, I reserved my address for the traffic prioritization and simply because I didn't want duplicates as you can see in the image. I'm not so much concerned about those as I am about my PC showing offline, I'm actually using it now to type this lol. 

• Administrators

Which router is this on the XR500? You reserved an IP address for the PC in LAN Settings? If so did you give it the IP it already had or another one? If you gave it a different one then reboot the device and then it should appear online correctly

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Which router is this on the XR500? You reserved an IP address for the PC in LAN Settings? If so did you give it the IP it already had or another one? If you gave it a different one then reboot the device and then it should appear online correctly

My bad should've put in the title, it's an XR1000. And I reserved an IP Address in LAN Settings and gave it the IP it already had. Regardless I've rebooted daily since I turn it off daily anyway lol. I should note I've had this issue with both .52 and .58. 

3 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

My bad should've put in the title, it's an XR1000. And I reserved an IP Address in LAN Settings and gave it the IP it already had. Regardless I've rebooted daily since I turn it off daily anyway lol. I should note I've had this issue with both .52 and .58. 

I suspect if you try to delete the PC from Device Manager, it'll tell you that you can't ,right?

Could you shutdown the PC, then remove it from Device Manager, then power it on again? It should then show online as expected.

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I suspect if you try to delete the PC from Device Manager, it'll tell you that you can't ,right?

Could you shutdown the PC, then remove it from Device Manager, then power it on again? It should then show online as expected.

It actually let me while it was on funny enough. I wasn't sure so I tried.

Edit: I rebooted my PC either way. No change

• Administrators

Could you double check the IP for that device is the same as the IP shown on the PC network settings? If you do a speed test or a download, anything that uses a lot of bandwidth, does it appear online then? Do you use Wake on LAN or put the PC in a standby state? 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you double check the IP for that device is the same as the IP shown on the PC network settings? If you do a speed test or a download, anything that uses a lot of bandwidth, does it appear online then? Do you use Wake on LAN or put the PC in a standby state? 

The IP is the same as the IP shown from ipconfig. It gave it 192.168.1.2. I did that on purpose since it's my main computer. 

When doing a speed test, it does not appear online

I click "shut down" daily. I don't put it in sleep. 

Wanted to update, I managed to get it to show up by setting a static IP on my PC side, after I removed the device and removed it from reservation under LAN settings. Didn't even have to reboot, it popped up almost instantly. I set it to a higher number than I ever anticipate being on my network.  

8 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

Wanted to update, I managed to get it to show up by setting a static IP on my PC side, after I removed the device and removed it from reservation under LAN settings. Didn't even have to reboot, it popped up almost instantly. I set it to a higher number than I ever anticipate being on my network.  

That's really interesting, OK thanks for letting us know. 

If you wanted to experiment, see if removing the static IP reproduces the issue or not. Otherwise feel free to leave it as is if you don't want to mess around with it any more.

11 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's really interesting, OK thanks for letting us know. 

If you wanted to experiment, see if removing the static IP reproduces the issue or not. Otherwise feel free to leave it as is if you don't want to mess around with it any more.

I don't mind experimenting. But at the moment, since this happened I can't port forward anymore. It says the service is already active but the field is completely blank. 

So small update, I did a factory reset (for I'm sure the 30th or so time with this router) It let me set my port forwarding rules. So I went and set up everything else (Geo Filter, QOS, LAN Reservation) and went back to the Port Forward Menu and it's gone again just like in the screenshots I included earlier. So I attempted to reenter the rules and once again received the Port conflict with other service error. 

• Administrators

Interesting so the rule is probably active but not actually showing for some reason, if you clear the browser cache/cookies and refresh the page does it appear? What device/web browser are you using to make the rule? Are you forcing a connection to the interface using HTTPS?

To answer all of the above

image.thumb.png.0b7319ce172415539f29c8b00cbf307a.png

Seems to be working now, after another factory reset I just let it choose the IP like normal and reserved it per normal for my use case. Overall when this router works it works pretty well, but when it starts doing weird stuff, it's super frustrating. I need that IP to stay the same to the core features of this router work. Once it dropped offline the first time I lost my geofilter device and qos traffic prioritization, along with the port forwarding so I immediately had moderate nat. 

Edit: I'm testing something now, by not renaming my PC this time around. Just to see if it still happens. 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Totally understand, we are working on new firmware so hopefully these issues will be ironed out but do let us know if it happens again

I'm considering picking up an R2 since it's in house. IMO the issues are more on Netgear than you guys. 

13 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

@Netduma Fraserwanted to update, it started doing both of the above again (showing my PC offline, removing port forwarding rules previously set). I have an R2 coming tomorrow so I'm hoping this helps, the XR1000 can be an AP for now

Thanks for letting us know, give us a shout if you have any questions about the R2.