Need Help, New customer

kobe24bryant81

Hi Team,

Just got my Netduma yesterday, and set everything up 3 hours ago. With that being said, my geo filtering does not work. I do not know what settings i have to have on, but i live in the US west and want to play on a different server, but the only server that shows up when i launch the game us the one next to my house. In the manual it has poor directions and doesn't really tell you how you can change vpn to play on other servers. Can someone help me, maybe my settings are off. i even denied that server and it still goes back to it.map.thumb.PNG.ed4982c209e65218fd67bc808264569a.PNG

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The purpose of the router is not to use a VPN to force servers that make the game easier to play but to give you the best connection possible.

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if you can filter.

14 hours ago, kobe24bryant81 said:

Hi Team,

Just got my Netduma yesterday, and set everything up 3 hours ago. With that being said, my geo filtering does not work. I do not know what settings i have to have on, but i live in the US west and want to play on a different server, but the only server that shows up when i launch the game us the one next to my house. In the manual it has poor directions and doesn't really tell you how you can change vpn to play on other servers. Can someone help me, maybe my settings are off. i even denied that server and it still goes back to it.map.thumb.PNG.ed4982c209e65218fd67bc808264569a.PNG

you dont have filtering mode enabled so it will automatically just pull to your closest server

if you want to play in argentina/peru you will need to get a vpn more than likely

i reccomend express vpn never had any issues .

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The purpose of the router is not to use a VPN to force servers that make the game easier to play but to give you the best connection possible.

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if you can filter.

dont understand step 3. can you please go in depth with that 

TM.PNG

• Administrators

I can't see everything but you have Ping Assist set to the maximum, you need to set that to 0 in order to force servers. If it still happens please provide another screenshot so I can see the device at the top and what you see when getting a game outside the radius.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't see everything but you have Ping Assist set to the maximum, you need to set that to 0 in order to force servers. If it still happens please provide another screenshot so I can see the device at the top and what you see when getting a game outside the radius.

im  going crazy man. ive tried everything, still doesn't work. Can you please let me know what i am doing wrong............ 

duma.PNG

duma 2.PNG

On 2/22/2022 at 5:08 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

You haven't enabled filtering mode you need to enable that otherwise you won't filter. Also it's quite possible you've denied a server there that is required for authentication - it won't necessarily be the game server.

still doesn't work. Can you please let me know what is going on ... been over 2 weeks cant get this simple thing to work.

duma 2.PNG

10 hours ago, kobe24bryant81 said:

still doesn't work. Can you please let me know what is going on ... been over 2 weeks cant get this simple thing to work.

Did you reboot the game after enabling filter mode? There's two icons in the West Coast so it would suggest you have the game open during that time. Please close and re-open the game client, then try again.

It's also worth noting that your ping to that server is going to be very very high, so the game server will be reluctant to put you into a game. Filter for closer servers to you around the US for the best results.

On 2/25/2022 at 3:15 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Did you reboot the game after enabling filter mode? There's two icons in the West Coast so it would suggest you have the game open during that time. Please close and re-open the game client, then try again.

It's also worth noting that your ping to that server is going to be very very high, so the game server will be reluctant to put you into a game. Filter for closer servers to you around the US for the best results.

did all of that, there's got to be a better way where you guys can help me, then every other day answers. if this cant work, i want a refund.

Thank you

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, kobe24bryant81 said:

did all of that, there's got to be a better way where you guys can help me, then every other day answers. if this cant work, i want a refund.

Thank you

We're a small company and so we have found this way allows us to help a lot of people more quickly, the community is also on hand to help. We are available Monday 10am - 6pm, Tuesday - Friday 10am - midnight, Sat & Sun Midday - Midnight GMT and in some cases such as today we may reply outside those hours. We aim to respond within the hour of a post being made at all times and will reply once there is a reply to our previous comments.

Instead of trying to force servers far away try to force servers around your location so we can at least confirm that it is doing what it should be