NAT Type changing

philo3391

Hi since the warzone update my NAT type has changed from Moderate to strict without anything changing in my router settings . 

I am looking to add in the COD PORTS but not sure if there is steps on how to do it. 

Any help would be great.

thanks16448861959955399538125358900567.thumb.jpg.87ee0bf73e76fe2488a6000b7250fe44.jpg

You shouldn't need to be doing any port forwarding depending on your setup. Could you please let me know the make and model of your modem?

Also, could you please let me know your exact physical setup? Is it something like this:

Internet -> Modem -> R2 -> Connected Devices

Hi Liam thanks for getting back to me.

I have attached my settings in an image below.

my modem is provided by virgin 500meg.

i only ask as some people have had better success using the designated cod ports and i was going to give ita bash and see was there any difference.

i also tried turning upnp off but the game would not even load so i wouldnt recommend that to anyone.

modem.PNG

• Administrators

How do you have the V Hub setup, with the R2 in the DMZ or is it in modem mode?

The game updating wouldn't cause your NAT Type to change so it will be their reading that is incorrect. Also you're on quite an old version, you can find the latest here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38047-new-r2-firmware-30394/

If you do upgrade, once complete do a factory reset, wait 2 minutes and then access so you have a fresh install.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How do you have the V Hub setup, with the R2 in the DMZ or is it in modem mode?

The game updating wouldn't cause your NAT Type to change so it will be their reading that is incorrect. Also you're on quite an old version, you can find the latest here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38047-new-r2-firmware-30394/

If you do upgrade, once complete do a factory reset, wait 2 minutes and then access so you have a fresh install.

i havent enabled dmz its still in modem mode.

thanks i just installed the update i didnt realise it was outdated software.

so you wouldnt reccomend using COD ports or changing NAT Type to OPEN ?

39 minutes ago, philo3391 said:

i havent enabled dmz its still in modem mode.

thanks i just installed the update i didnt realise it was outdated software.

so you wouldnt reccomend using COD ports or changing NAT Type to OPEN ?

You can do, but you don't need to and based on how you've currently got your network setup: it won't make a difference.

Are you noticing a difference in-game besides the NAT reading? Are you struggling to get into games at all?

If you disable filtering mode in Geo-filter, does that change your NAT type?

Hi Liam,

it seems to be settled at moderate and finding games for now.

i am trying to setup the port forwarding from another thread and just not having any joy im awaiting a reply from one of the lads to see how they changed their settings.

thanks for all your time and help

3 hours ago, philo3391 said:

Hi Liam,

it seems to be settled at moderate and finding games for now.

i am trying to setup the port forwarding from another thread and just not having any joy im awaiting a reply from one of the lads to see how they changed their settings.

thanks for all your time and help

OK no problem, give us a shout if you have any other questions.