Uncaught InvalidStateError: Failed to execute 'send' on 'WebSocket': Still in Connecting state

Hello Fraser, Liam

I just moved quickly from Geo-Filter to Ping Heatmap and back, and it seems that the Ping Heatmap view did not have enough time to finish the operation.

I would expect to see a loading screen or animation as long as something is still running/loading//executing in background on the current tab (Ping Heatmap). There are 2 ways to avoid this exception from user's point of view/perspective: you can either freeze the buttons or content of the entire left menu or to add another pop-up /alert saying Ping Heatmap is still running or it is in the Connecting state. Please wait...

This way, I would know exactly when to move to another functionality/view/tab in the menu without the risk to try this to early or to interrupt the current operation.

Best Regards,

Adrian

UncaughtInvalidStateError.PNG

DOMException.PNG

Here are some steps to reproduce:

1. Go to Ping Peatmap.

2. Select preferred list of servers.

3. Wait a bit for the view to start pinging the servers from selected list.

4. More quickly to Geo-Filter tab.

Will there ever be another firmware upgrade available including any fixes in the near future?

Thanks,

Adrian

Thanks for this, I'll get the team to reproduce this and see if we can fix it up.

With regards to firmware, yes, we're testing some XR1000 firmware at the moment, though I don't have an ETA I can provide yet as once it's passed our testing we then need to send it on the NETGEAR for them to test and prepare a release.