Why Has The Device Map Got Two IP Addresses for One PC?

34 minutes ago, Harley said:

to make matters worse, one of the IP addresses is that of a different PC. I don't understand how that could happen

Two IPv4 addresses, or one IPv4 and one IPv6?

It may have renewed the IP and changed, but the old one is still visible in the Device Manager.

Is this causing any problems? If so what are the symptoms?

Two IPv4.

It was strange. It had two devices online. One had the ip 192.168.1.12, 192.168.1.13 and the second device was 192.168.1.12

There was also one PC that didn't show up at all.

In the end I rebooted the PC and the problem seems to have gone. I wonder though, should there be some sort of reboot or rest button on the map?

35 minutes ago, Harley said:

Two IPv4.

It was strange. It had two devices online. One had the ip 192.168.1.12, 192.168.1.13 and the second device was 192.168.1.12

There was also one PC that didn't show up at all.

In the end I rebooted the PC and the problem seems to have gone. I wonder though, should there be some sort of reboot or rest button on the map?

Does that PC have a Wi-Fi card? It may be that it connected over both interfaces and has separate IPs for each.

You wouldn't be able to remotely reboot a device from Device Manager, but maybe it'd be useful if you could force a new lease renewal or something. Thanks for the suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Same thing is happening to me.... My  main PC is running off a Wifi range extender ( EAX20  AX1800 Mesh extender )

typically I've noticed two IP's on my computer shown on device manager but also when i've factory reset my NetDuma R2 i've been able to get just One IP on my PC device on the

NetDuma R2 Device manager... 

Lately though I've encountered this... and I think what is happening is the NetDuma R2 is trying to assign an IP but the Start range for any said IP's is usually within the 100 to 250 range... 

I will attach screenshot to show more info and maybe that will help.

I had to assign a Static IP address within the 100 to 250 range or else i couldn't connect using DHCP normally under my NIC settings... which is weird because normally it works by default and will assign the correct IP...

I did originally go into DHCP and reserve an IP address before but i turned it off and removed said IP, but even after doing that DHCP being enabled under NIC still didn't assign correct IP and had to do static IP as mentioned before... perhaps this could be issue with network map or issue with NetDUMA software?

Any thoughts as to why this could be happening?

multiple ip addresses on one device.PNG

assign ip.PNG

Looks like after updating the firmware... with the same current version I already had fixed the issue...

Perhaps after factory resetting reinstalling firmware  is good idea to do each time... not sure if that is necessary but seems to fix the multiple IP's showing up under device manager as before.. should only show 1 or 2 max ( 1 for Computer plugged into Wifi extender and 1 ip from wifi extender itself ) unless it's supposed to show just one, i've had it just show one for PC itself before separate from the wifi extender but im not sure why it shows that sometimes and sometimes both IP's for Extender + pc showing under the PC as shown in screenshot.. hope this info helps out! 

only 2 now.PNG

• Administrators
11 hours ago, ravenarrowz said:

Looks like after updating the firmware... with the same current version I already had fixed the issue...

Perhaps after factory resetting reinstalling firmware  is good idea to do each time... not sure if that is necessary but seems to fix the multiple IP's showing up under device manager as before.. should only show 1 or 2 max ( 1 for Computer plugged into Wifi extender and 1 ip from wifi extender itself ) unless it's supposed to show just one, i've had it just show one for PC itself before separate from the wifi extender but im not sure why it shows that sometimes and sometimes both IP's for Extender + pc showing under the PC as shown in screenshot.. hope this info helps out! 

It's a good idea to do a reset after an upgrade, especially if there is a big change, glad it's resolved for you!