GEO FILTER WEST COAST...

stimpy

Hi so I've noticed that earlier then around 6pm West Coast time. I just can't connect to the local servers to me that give me 3-15 ping. I have tried to use geo filter it just refuses to pull a game it will ping servers all over the United States, everything other then West Coast servers and if I have ping assist on it will put me into those lobbies with 60+ ping... I'm pretty sure it has something to do with SBMM on Warzone... but if I am filtering using the geo filter I shouldn't be getting force pinged to locations out of my polygon mode should I??? If someone on West Coast also has this issue could you help me out or any admins I've done the whole resync cloud re add as a PlayStation thing that doesn't work Idk what that is supposed to help with but anyway if there is anything else someone here may know please comment below. 

(I have all my Ports open that I need to have)
(I've tried using Polygon mode and the standard one)

• Administrators

They can still try to connect you to servers outside your radius but they will be blocked. I assume if you disable the Geo-Filter it will just put you on the East Coast every game? It's possible they're forcing the majority on the East Coast during peak times but that doesn't make too much sense. Just to clarify, you can be playing up until 6pm, the Geo-Filter is happy forcing West Coast and without any changes on the router or in your network you're suddenly not able to get games? If you try Rebirth do you get games on the West Coast still?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They can still try to connect you to servers outside your radius but they will be blocked. I assume if you disable the Geo-Filter it will just put you on the East Coast every game? It's possible they're forcing the majority on the East Coast during peak times but that doesn't make too much sense. Just to clarify, you can be playing up until 6pm, the Geo-Filter is happy forcing West Coast and without any changes on the router or in your network you're suddenly not able to get games? If you try Rebirth do you get games on the West Coast still?

Ok so I don't play rebirth and I am assuming rebirth in general has weaker SBMM so it doesn't matter for that if it lets me connect or not. It's more so that when I am playing past 6pm I will instantly connect to West Coast servers. But earlier in the day its like I am black listed out of those West Coast Servers. If I don't run any geo filter its the same thing it pulls me into Mid or East Coast (60-100ping). If I try using the geo filter it just doesn't find a game and gets stuck searching and on the map it shows that its trying to ping to servers not allowed due to them being out of the geo filter. I have my geo filter covering the 3 main servers in California that Warzone runs on. It just makes no sense that I can't connect to local servers. I don't want to play on trash ping and this game has a huge player base that definitely is on 24/7 all across the United States especially. 

11 hours ago, stimpy said:

Ok so I don't play rebirth and I am assuming rebirth in general has weaker SBMM so it doesn't matter for that if it lets me connect or not. It's more so that when I am playing past 6pm I will instantly connect to West Coast servers. But earlier in the day its like I am black listed out of those West Coast Servers. If I don't run any geo filter its the same thing it pulls me into Mid or East Coast (60-100ping). If I try using the geo filter it just doesn't find a game and gets stuck searching and on the map it shows that its trying to ping to servers not allowed due to them being out of the geo filter. I have my geo filter covering the 3 main servers in California that Warzone runs on. It just makes no sense that I can't connect to local servers. I don't want to play on trash ping and this game has a huge player base that definitely is on 24/7 all across the United States especially. 

So when you start experiencing this issue around 6PM, please try play a game of rebirth without touching your Geo-Filter settings and see if it's still forcing you out of the server?

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

So when you start experiencing this issue around 6PM, please try play a game of rebirth without touching your Geo-Filter settings and see if it's still forcing you out of the server?

It is not after 6pm I can't connect to West Coast servers before 6pm... It just forces me into central or East Coast servers. 6pm and later it pulls West Coast anything earlier in the day it forces me into high ping servers.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, stimpy said:

It is not after 6pm I can't connect to West Coast servers before 6pm... It just forces me into central or East Coast servers. 6pm and later it pulls West Coast anything earlier in the day it forces me into high ping servers.

Okay so it sounds like they're only available during peak times unfortunately if there is nothing changing on your side

I am in the same boat as stimpy. I am in California and have my circle around the main 3 servers in CA. The ping heat map states those three servers are all 15 ms and lower . I can only connect to servers that give me 80-100 + ping. However in rebirth I can get great ping. I wonder if it smbb in the BR mode. ?? Or maybe those are only rebirth servers?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Mikes2222 said:

I am in the same boat as stimpy. I am in California and have my circle around the main 3 servers in CA. The ping heat map states those three servers are all 15 ms and lower . I can only connect to servers that give me 80-100 + ping. However in rebirth I can get great ping. I wonder if it smbb in the BR mode. ?? Or maybe those are only rebirth servers?

I've responded to your topic