XR700 HybridVPN NAT problem

Hi netduma users,

I have both routers XR500 and XR00, but on 2nd one i have NAT problems on my XBOX console. Both routers configuration is same and tested all avaiable firmwares (included beta 3.0)

On XR500 have always NAT: Open but when i switch to my XR700 there is NAT: Unavailable

Attaching Screenshots and logs (btw. logs are same on both routers) so problem is on XR700 (tested on my friend XR700 router and same issue)

Please help me to figure it out.

XR700

XR700 (1).jpg

XR700 (2).jpg

XR500 Works fine

XR500 (2).jpg

XR500_(1).jpg

XR700.txt XR500.txt

I hope netduma gets royalties from the VPN provider!!!!!

Already getting an open NAT on XBOX through a VPN seems weird!

Which VPN provider do you use?

Have you restarted the router and the xbox after setting up the VPN service?

For me it would seem strange to have open NAT over VPN since port forwarding via VPN would be impossible. Unless it's private controlled perhaps.

Interesting issue. I have tried setting up my XR700 as server and access it through XR500 Hybrid VPN but never got it to work, didn't sink much time into it either.

• Administrators

As above it is very unlikely you'll be able to achieve an Open NAT through the VPN, I'm surprised it's working through the 500. When you have the 700 connected does it take the place of the 500 or do you connect behind it?

Both connected from fiber OLT. but never both in same time. Just swapping units from XR500 to XR700 for tests.

Friend have same issues on XR700, Xr500 works fine for him. Weird. We tested all softwares (Beta 3.0 also) and on all of them same issue.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Bart said:

Both connected from fiber OLT. but never both in same time. Just swapping units from XR500 to XR700 for tests.

Friend have same issues on XR700, Xr500 works fine for him. Weird. We tested all softwares (Beta 3.0 also) and on all of them same issue.

Thanks for confirming, it is most likely a bug, not only is that the only 3.0 version for the 700 currently and so is likely to be less stable compared to the 500 it is also the first time the 700 has had HybridVPN if I recall correctly. This should most likely be sorted in the next version but I don't think it will be possible on the version you have.

Thank you for reply. You think finall version for XR700 will allow that? i heard you guys already completed 3.0 for XR700? (i tested all versions on XR700 and no chance for open nat) on XR500 almost all version allow for that. Thank you

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for confirming, it is most likely a bug, not only is that the only 3.0 version for the 700 currently and so is likely to be less stable compared to the 500 it is also the first time the 700 has had HybridVPN if I recall correctly. This should most likely be sorted in the next version but I don't think it will be possible on the version you have.

Thank you for reply. You think finall version for XR700 will allow that? i heard you guys already completed 3.0 for XR700? (i tested all versions on XR700 and no chance for open nat) on XR500 almost all version allow for that. Thank you

XR500 have around 30ms ping on xbox in VPN mode 

XR700 have around 200 ping on xbox in VPN mode

So problem is in new XR700 but question where and why?

• Administrators

We haven't completed 3.0 for the 700 as there is only one version out and it's definitely in beta but it will be improved upon and then hopefully will allow you to get an Open NAT through the VPN. 

Technically that version is more up to date than the beta but that version isn't 3.0 so don't upgrade to it unless you want to lose the features.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We haven't completed 3.0 for the 700 as there is only one version out and it's definitely in beta but it will be improved upon and then hopefully will allow you to get an Open NAT through the VPN. 

Technically that version is more up to date than the beta but that version isn't 3.0 so don't upgrade to it unless you want to lose the features.

Thank you for information. Please fix that in next update bacause actually this is only one router with dumaOS and SFP+ WAN port on the market ( and netgear stopped production idk why). Can we get more info about 3.0 progress for XR700? And can you share this information for team who actually work on final 3.0 version?

Thank you