Could not connect to expected server

aptiva1128

In my region, hk server is the lowest ping server, can find it from ping heatmap, as attached hk.png

About one month ago(2021 Dec 1st to Dec 17th), my filter with polygon mode is working well, but now it is just very hard to connect to hk sever.(After Dec 18th till now)
Situation: In vanguard, if you use "Quick play" and select all modes, you may need 3~1x minutes to have one match
But if you select "SHIP HAUS 24/7" this mode, you may be quicker to have a match, but only these 2 maps.
(We could not confirm if Activision changed their matchmaking logic here)

You could find my polygon by polygon.png

Here are my tests:
1. Already followed suggestions from other posts:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

But not working, very hard to connect to it, 

2. Use http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000095583-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-using-ping-assist-as-a-ping-filter
to confirm if hk server is mispointed or failed to find
So I use ping assist and disable filter to find its ip like:
A.
Host                   
Type    Peer
ID    37220cd7bfd6575c
Domain Name    215.214.92.34.bc.googleusercontent.com
IP should be 34.92.214.215

B.
Host                   
Type    Peer
ID    e223632ec081d7dc 
Domain Name    46.129.220.35.bc.googleusercontent.com
ip should be 35.220.129.46

C.
Host Type    Peer
ID    07221de8bfa6575c
Domain Name    232.166.92.34.bc.googleusercontent.com
IP should be 34.92.166.232

So need your help to confirm if this is vanguard sever issue, or could we fix this by netduma?
FYI, if I use polygon to limit JP/Korea/SG servers, I don't have this issue.
Let me know if anything I need to provide, thanks.

hk.png

polygon.png

Unfortunately, if you're limiting your search to one server it's not uncommon that you'll struggle to get into a game. Particularly with a server like this where there aren't too many around it. 

As you mention at the end of your post, when you expand the search to cover more servers (JP/Korea/SG) you get into games much faster. 

If the quality of the gameplay is that much better, it may be worth the very long wait times to get on to the HK server. Otherwise, it may be best to include more servers in your polygon.

The reason I need to ask  because it is working earlier and we only need 0.5~2 minutes to find a match. Even we are full of party with 6 members.

But now it is not working like before, and need over 3~15 minutes(or more), even I am solo.

So I need to confirm if it is possible a known issue.

Now it looks like need to wait if some day Activision will fix this.

Anyway, thanks for the check.

46 minutes ago, aptiva1128 said:

The reason I need to ask  because it is working earlier and we only need 0.5~2 minutes to find a match. Even we are full of party with 6 members.

But now it is not working like before, and need over 3~15 minutes(or more), even I am solo.

So I need to confirm if it is possible a known issue.

Now it looks like need to wait if some day Activision will fix this.

Anyway, thanks for the check.

Is your NAT type the same as before?

Are you seeing any blocked icons in the Geo-filter map when you're waiting for long periods of time?

Did this occur after a specific game update?

It's possible that this could've been caused by a recent game update, though it'd be good to rule out DumaOS if possible.

NAT/settings keep the same

No blocked icons in geo-filter map

Yes, this happens after a game update, around 2021 Dec mid, game updated, and specific mode is provided, then we found hard to connect to HK server.

We have 3 XR1000, 1 Netduma R2, both got the same issue. 

Recently I found could ping hk server, that's why I ask this now to know if have other fix.

1 hour ago, aptiva1128 said:

NAT/settings keep the same

No blocked icons in geo-filter map

Yes, this happens after a game update, around 2021 Dec mid, game updated, and specific mode is provided, then we found hard to connect to HK server.

We have 3 XR1000, 1 Netduma R2, both got the same issue. 

Recently I found could ping hk server, that's why I ask this now to know if have other fix.

OK, we frequently hear of new issues each time the game updates so it could be one of those.

Can you share a screenshot of how Geo-filter is currently configured?

14 minutes ago, aptiva1128 said:

Just like my first post, you could find my polygon of geo-filter

Strict mode on
Fast search on
Disable auto-ping

My apologies, thank you.

That looks pretty good, I think now the best thing to do would be to expand the polygon a bit and maybe also set a Ping Assist value just in case.

Otherwise, it appears to be changes to the game that's caused your issues.

No apologies, really thanks for the check, and we are actually trying to fix this for a month.
For the days could not use geo-filter to hk server, we played warzone.

Just want to find a fix after it is updated in last week to see if possible could fix it by some additional filter setting.

Use different polygon and use ping filter, I already tried, so just ask help to see if other solution here.

FYI, please refer to attached png file, polygon is larger now.

When we launched game and could see hk is included, however when we search game, just very hard to have a match.

That's why we feel confused, and not sure why some player icons are white, I think they should be all yellow.

Larger polygon.png

10 hours ago, aptiva1128 said:

FYI, please refer to attached png file, polygon is larger now.

When we launched game and could see hk is included, however when we search game, just very hard to have a match.

That's why we feel confused, and not sure why some player icons are white, I think they should be all yellow.

Yeah somethings not working quite right with the icons, though it's just a front-end issue by the looks of things. 

Can you include the servers in Malaysia, Japan and Korea in the polygon? That would improve the search time.

Actually we did try, but in those servers, ping is not stable, could be 7x~9x in the beginning , but become 12x~23x after 2~3 minutes.
Then cause a lose game, that's the reason we tried to avoid this.

Locked in JP server, could provide us 5x~6x ping, however SBMM may bring us hardcore players with 7~17 ping.
We will always lose a gun fight because of bullet registration issue and then cause the game very boring, and not playable.

It's OK, I did try 2 hours with different polygon or ping assist today, I think HK server is moved for specific mode use only.
Because in the 2 maps only mode, we could find HK match in 1~3 minutes, but failed in "Quick play" with all maps.
Maybe just wait the specific mode is removed, then may return the server back, may wait another month.😅

• Administrators

You'll need to disable Fast Search, that's probably why more things are being allowed when they shouldn't be in the last image, it could also contribute to why its harder to find a game on the server but if not then the above would be correct.

Actually, I tried to disable Fast search too, but looks like the same, I may give it a shot today again.
My tests in these days:
1. Change polygon with:
Strict mode on
Fast search on or not
Disable auto-ping

So tested it with different polygon

2. Use home pin icon
Shrink "Set Distance radius" to the lowest amount

Ping Assist value: 30  (when I used ping heatmap, hk server return ping 17~22)
Strict mode on
Fast search on or not
Disable auto-ping
Note: in specific 2maps mode, I could have chance to connect to hk server, in that time, I will add the server to be "Allowed" server.
Then back to "Quick play" to find a match.

I will test home pin icon with disabled "Fast search" for more time.

10 hours ago, aptiva1128 said:

Actually, I tried to disable Fast search too, but looks like the same, I may give it a shot today again.
My tests in these days:
1. Change polygon with:
Strict mode on
Fast search on or not
Disable auto-ping

So tested it with different polygon

2. Use home pin icon
Shrink "Set Distance radius" to the lowest amount

Ping Assist value: 30  (when I used ping heatmap, hk server return ping 17~22)
Strict mode on
Fast search on or not
Disable auto-ping
Note: in specific 2maps mode, I could have chance to connect to hk server, in that time, I will add the server to be "Allowed" server.
Then back to "Quick play" to find a match.

I will test home pin icon with disabled "Fast search" for more time.

OK sure, let us know how you get on. 

With the Ping Assist method, you're still limiting yourself to one possible server so the search times will always be long.