Can’t connect to a game using geo filter

Mikes2222

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're wanting to connect to some servers but not others you will have to set Ping Assist to 0, you cannot effectively force servers with that enabled. If I've understood correctly then do the following: 

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set Ping Assist to 0
  6. Set Polygon over Singapore
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client
  9. Once booted up and you're in the lobby able to search, set Polygon over SA
  10. Search for a game

See if that works better for you

I don't understand steps number 6 and 9 completely..if i've already set Polygon over Singapore in step nr. 6, how come I need to to it again in step nr. 9..also there is no step in between where I was supposed to turn it off.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, kekecburek said:

I don't understand steps number 6 and 9 completely..if i've already set Polygon over Singapore in step nr. 6, how come I need to to it again in step nr. 9..also there is no step in between where I was supposed to turn it off.

If it's done already that's fine, by SA I mean Saudi Arabia, you wanted to block it initially is that right? If so the steps above is the only way I can see that happening

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it's done already that's fine, by SA I mean Saudi Arabia, you wanted to block it initially is that right? If so the steps above is the only way I can see that happening

Ahh ok, SA us Saudi Arabia..I understand now..yes correct I wanna block the initial base servers in SA before queing into a BR game..just one question, I though me putting a Polygon over an area makes me want to connect to those servers no?..I don't understand why I need to put Polygon over SA to not connect there, since this is gonna do the opposite?

• Administrators

Yes that's correct. It seems you want to block them initially but then allow them for when you search for a game? So by not having the area covered by the polygon initially that will block it and then in theory once you're on the game, covering that area will allow it and hopefully give you the desired effect.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's correct. It seems you want to block them initially but then allow them for when you search for a game? So by not having the area covered by the polygon initially that will block it and then in theory once you're on the game, covering that area will allow it and hopefully give you the desired effect.

No, I don't want to allow them even then, cause there aren't any BR servers anyway in SA..I wanna connect only to Singapore then after blocking SA initial servers..and blocking initial SA servers is cause I want to connect to initial Singapore servers, which has happened last night before ping on those servers went bezerk. Cause if I connect to initial Singapore servers, then it seems I always connect to Singapore BR servers after that.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay forget setting a polygon over Saudi Arabia then and do the rest of the steps, Ping Assist must be disabled to try and force Singapore

That means putting it on 0 right?

So to confirm with you, steps for that are:

5. Set Ping Assist to 0
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  9. Search for a game

Sorry for double post, forgot to Quote you :)

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's correct, setting Ping Assist to 0 turns off that feature

Thank you for all your help and time..will let you know if I'm playing succesfully after Singapore servers get back to normal sub 100 ping..cause now it's for some reason 250-260

On 4/2/2022 at 6:31 PM, kekecburek said:

That means putting it on 0 right?

So to confirm with you, steps for that are:

5. Set Ping Assist to 0
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  9. Search for a game

Sorry for double post, forgot to Quote you :)

Works, superbly now, thank you soo much Fraser!

Fraser, today I was playing Rebirth and I turned off Geo-Filter entirely for that..and then I decided to go and play BR Solos, but I forgot to turn on Geo-Filter again..and the biggest surprise in 3 months happened then..it connected me to a server with 30-40 ping, for the first time in 3 months..and then I was immediately curious where did I connect to, so I could force connecting there always in the future..so I turned on the Geo-Filter and added a device and the only thing that was bleeping on the map was the player icon in freaking California, US..do you have any clue what's happening here ?..server ID bellow on the pics

ping.jpg

ping 2.jpg

15 hours ago, kekecburek said:

Fraser, today I was playing Rebirth and I turned off Geo-Filter entirely for that..and then I decided to go and play BR Solos, but I forgot to turn on Geo-Filter again..and the biggest surprise in 3 months happened then..it connected me to a server with 30-40 ping, for the first time in 3 months..and then I was immediately curious where did I connect to, so I could force connecting there always in the future..so I turned on the Geo-Filter and added a device and the only thing that was bleeping on the map was the player icon in freaking California, US..do you have any clue what's happening here ?..server ID bellow on the pics

Unfortunately, as you added the device while the game had already established a connection, Geo-filter probably wouldn't of been able to see the connection to the game server.

See if you can reproduce it again but instead of having the device removed from Geo-filter, just leave filtering mode disabled. This way you'll be able to see what on-going connections there are but Geo-filter won't interfere or block anything. 

54 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Unfortunately, as you added the device while the game had already established a connection, Geo-filter probably wouldn't of been able to see the connection to the game server.

See if you can reproduce it again but instead of having the device removed from Geo-filter, just leave filtering mode disabled. This way you'll be able to see what on-going connections there are but Geo-filter won't interfere or block anything. 

Will, try..probably message you guys again in 3 months 😂