Can’t connect to a game using geo filter

Mikes2222

Hello-

I am using a nighthawk x1000 and am on a PC. Trying to play warzone.

When geofilter is turned off I can get into a game very quickly, however, my ping will be 80-100.

When the geofilter is turned on, my radius is 1500km from California. I can never connect to a game, wait times will exceed 15 minutes.

if I try to play a rebirth, I can connect quickly and the ping is under 40.

Are there specific settings I need to turn on/off to make the geofilter work?

Thank you.

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Mikes2222 said:

Seemed to work, took about 15 minutes to launch into a game. Seems odd since there are servers very close to my area based on the ping heat map.

anyway thanks for the help.

You're welcome, glad it helped, it can vary depending on the population of the game at the time, server load etc. Usually a slow search is due to too strict Geo-Filter radius

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know if I have my geofilter settings set up wrong or maybe it’s just my internet?

I ran my ping heat map for warzone. I have three servers that ping below 20ms in Southern California . I drew my polygram to cover them and I cannot connect to a game that doesn’t give me under 80-110 ping.

I ran my connection test I get 700 down and 30 up.

is there a settings video somewhere that I can use to set up my nighthawk x1000 so I can lower my ping?

• Administrators

Can you provide a full screenshot of the Geo-Filter page please? 

We have optimal settings guides here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646 they're a little out of date but the advice is still applicable. We have some feature explained in 60 seconds videos on YouTube - Channel is Netduma.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Mikes2222 said:

So my 30 day trial of the net gear security ended yesterday. I got into a game just now and had 20 ms. Did this have any correlation ?

Are you referring to Armor? In which case we have seen some reports that it seems to cause some issues on the interface, let us know if you continue to get those low ping games with nothing else changing

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Mikes2222 said:

Yes, I was referring to the Armor.

I launched into 3 more games, all under 20 ping and the wait times were half the time. I dont know what setting the armor has on it but it is not game friendly.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, we will investigate!

So. I think when I launched into the game Saturday was an anomaly?

I tried during the week and I cannot connect into a game that’s under 80-100 ping . Solo or te battle royale games.

rebirth I can get under 20 ping every game.

I did a connection test with duma os. 900 down and 40 up and that’s what I’m paying for, however when I use other sites I only get 200 down.

• Administrators

I can't see that it's anything on the router causing this but just in case, do a factory reset, go through the Setup and just adjust the Geo-Filter, don't change anything else and see if it makes a difference. If it does then slowly change settings back to what they would be usually and test, it may help you narrow it down to a specific setting.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried a factory reset, several times now.

I am still having trouble getting into a warzone BR game that isn’t 80-100 ping. I am still messing around with the geofilter, I am in California so I am trying to connect to the CA servers. My geofilter is set to 1500 km around my location so it covers several other states and servers.

I either can never get into a game, I wait 20 plus minutes and never get in one. Today I got into a Solo match but the lobby only filled up to 56 players, but was 40 ping.

when I turn geofilter off I connect to east coast servers every time.

does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have a pc on the west coast that can connect to local servers and care to share your settings?

I also have a netduma r2. This is what I used prior to Caldera, it worked well with verdansk.

I did a factory reset on that to see if it would work. All the settings are factory other than the geofilter and still no luck.

when I try to launch into a game, I cannot see anything blocked outside of my radius, I do see servers pop up in CA which I have tried to manually add.

since I can’t get into a game  using the geofilter with my nighthawk or my r2. I am beginning to think this is just a problem with my ISP?

I have tried peak times and cannot connect. I always just give up and turn off the geofilter so I can play. What’s odd is when I look at the geofilter map once I am in the game I am always connected to an east coast server.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Mikes2222 said:

I have tried peak times and cannot connect. I always just give up and turn off the geofilter so I can play. What’s odd is when I look at the geofilter map once I am in the game I am always connected to an east coast server.

It must be something to do with the game then - unless for some reason a lot of CA servers are mislocated and actually on the east - what ping do you get to them?