Hybrid vpn not connecting

zman1156

May have found the problem.. did a factory reset didnt play around with anything thought it might have been because of the dns im using or because i have ipv6 off no i believe hybrid is bugged or doesnt work like it used to atleast on my router but everytime i have to re enter the information otherwise it will just get stuck on connecting.. why?

Script part was an issue i thiink but i turned ipv6 off to confirm ipv6 wasnt an issue and it did not let me connect. Weird. Up until today worked fine just having ipv4 then out of nowhere it wouldnt let me connect. Anyways in the future if anyone has issues with their vpns make sure to reccomend to them to check ipv6 :) 

yeah i did a little more playing around... turns out i need to have ipv6 to use hybrid vpn now atleast with the way expressvpn is setup i cant vouche for other vpn providers but its definitely worth looking into im sure me and everyone would appreciate it. Wasnt always like that.. either something with net duma changed or express vpn because ive been using hybrid vpn via expressvpn for almost a year now. Only recently had to turn on ipv6 to make it work in the past week. 

On 1/19/2022 at 11:27 AM, zman1156 said:

Script part was an issue i thiink but i turned ipv6 off to confirm ipv6 wasnt an issue and it did not let me connect. Weird. Up until today worked fine just having ipv4 then out of nowhere it wouldnt let me connect. Anyways in the future if anyone has issues with their vpns make sure to reccomend to them to check ipv6 :) 

Hi, can u tell me the difference between using a program like express vpn or openvpn and using the hybrid vpn function of the router?

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, imtired97 said:

Hi, can u tell me the difference between using a program like express vpn or openvpn and using the hybrid vpn function of the router?

Using the program on your PC just limits you to using the VPN on that device. It also means it applies to the entire device.

HybridVPN allows you to apply the VPN to any connected device and also allows you to specify what the VPN applies to, an application, service, ports etc so it's much more powerful in that way.

7 hours ago, imtired97 said:

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Using the program on your PC just limits you to using the VPN on that device. It also means it applies to the entire device.

HybridVPN allows you to apply the VPN to any connected device and also allows you to specify what the VPN applies to, an application, service, ports etc so it's much more powerful in that way.

Only the best vpn with the best features ive ever seen for gaming 👀 net duma hits different if you know then you know

On 1/19/2022 at 5:05 AM, zman1156 said:

Nevermind.. discovered the issue. :) didnt have client at the top of the .ovpn script 

On 1/23/2022 at 9:10 AM, zman1156 said:

Let me know if you guys happen to find anything. Otherwise i guess i would reckon its something with expressvpn side of things.

Hey @zman1156 I too have an issue that arose yesterday, but I'm using NoLagVPN. All of sudden the HYBRID VPN stopped working. No logs and it just keeps giving me a failed or disconnected status.

My IP6 is turned on, ive always had it on. But my questions is, when you say you didnt have client at the top of the .ovpn script what did you mean by that? can you show me an example? sorry if my question is elementary, but im pulling my hair out trying to get to the bottom of why this suddenly stopped working.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

Hey @zman1156 I too have an issue that arose yesterday, but I'm using NoLagVPN. All of sudden the HYBRID VPN stopped working. No logs and it just keeps giving me a failed or disconnected status.

My IP6 is turned on, ive always had it on. But my questions is, when you say you didnt have client at the top of the .ovpn script what did you mean by that? can you show me an example? sorry if my question is elementary, but im pulling my hair out trying to get to the bottom of why this suddenly stopped working.

At the top of the config there should be an entry that says

client

if that isn't present then it wouldn't be able to connect.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Paul Maos said:

Thanks Fraser! there is just so much IPs on that file and it has not been edited in anyway. Its the same one I have been using from NoLagVPN for months with no issue.

Could you try downgrading the firmware to see if it still works on the previous version? We did make changes to VPN for .394

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try downgrading the firmware to see if it still works on the previous version? We did make changes to VPN for .394

I had the previous version v.3.0.205 and it stopped working yesterday night. So I thought maybe the previous version had some bugs and the new update would help fix it, but it's still gave me the same problems.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Paul Maos said:

I had the previous version v.3.0.205 and it stopped working yesterday night. So I thought maybe the previous version had some bugs and the new update would help fix it, but it's still gave me the same problems.

I believe @IBPxx has got theirs working so maybe they could detail what they did

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 3:57 AM, zman1156 said:

Hybrid vpn not connecting at all.. trying to connect but it just says connecting and not displaying any logs or anything. Logs havent worked since i upgraded to latest firmware.

Im having the same issue. I'm literally just now trying this out. Initially worked with surfshark vpn but then it stopped/failed every attempt. Then i thought it would be easier to use purevpn since there was an easier setup(so i bought it) and this thing absolutely will not connect. Tips anyone?! :(

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, DumaOppsKnowiGotADuma? :) said:

Im having the same issue. I'm literally just now trying this out. Initially worked with surfshark vpn but then it stopped/failed every attempt. Then i thought it would be easier to use purevpn since there was an easier setup(so i bought it) and this thing absolutely will not connect. Tips anyone?! :(

Use the PureVPN configuration files for Advanced Setup, it's one we test so that should definitely work. If not make a new topic and we can look further into it there