DumaOS intermittent connection R2

Uwais

I’ve tried to set up my DumaOS, however the wifi connection is intermittent and keeps dropping which doesn’t let me complete set up wizard. I’ve tried multiple Ethernet cables, tried a hard reset but no changes. The closest I’ve got is to choosing my time but internet dropped after. There is nothing wrong with original ISP and the correct lights are flashing, I’ve been trying to get it to work for about 6 hours but not getting any luck :////

Update - I have now got to the ‘Setting up Wi-Fi’ page on the Duma interface but just have loading circles and it’s been about 10 minutes…not sure if I continue to wait or start the process over again

No I can not complete it, whenever I tried via Ethernet cable it won’t let me access DumaOS. I tried again via Wi-Fi and now it won’t even let me connect to the network. I can only get into the Duma after a hard reset and that’s only for about 2 minutes before the connection drops. Not really sure where to go from here, I feel like it’s a faulty device as it had finger prints on the Duma itself… I even had a Cisco engineer to try and have a look but he also thinks the device itself is faulty.

• Administrators

Unplug the router from power for 10 seconds, plug in, wait 2 minutes then attempt access again please. If it doesn't work hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then wait 2 minutes before accessing the interface.

Finger prints would have been from us when packaging the router for you.

Yes I tried this, however it’ll only take me up till the Welcome page… then the connection drops and won’t let me connect again till I do another hard reset. It seems it only holds connection for about 2/3 minutes after a reset

image.jpg

Edited by Uwais

Update - After the setting up Wi-Fi page it would take me to Welcome page but soon after gives me a promt on the interface ‘Missing JSON response’ and then back to the buffering circle…this is new. 

image.jpg

Tried it on incognito mode but same issue, drops connection after 2 minutes. I tried it on another laptop but I don’t expect it to work on that as it is a work laptop, but I can see the Netduma R2 disappearing off available networks

I went and got another laptop off a mate, same issue and the Duma loses connection after 2/3 minutes of a reset. I even took everything apart and started from the beginning. I’m thinking of giving up and just trying again tomorrow as I’ve been stuck at it all day. Not really sure what to do :( 

• Administrators

Do a reset but instead of waiting 2 minutes try to connect as fast as you can and speed through the setup wizard if possible to get through the interface. If you can get on then do a factory reset by clicking the 3 dots top right of the interface, once you've clicked that then wait 2 minutes and see if you can connect and keep the connection to complete the wizard and access the interface normally

I tried that from the beginning when it kept losing connection fast, I was speeding through the set up wizard but when it gets to the welcome page it will lose connection, I’m not sure if it was a coincidence that it dropped connection here on more than one occasion or whether I just ran out of time. I will give it a go tomorrow as i don’t want the headache of processing an exchange but I’m afraid I’ll get the same result :(

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Uwais said:

I tried that from the beginning when it kept losing connection fast, I was speeding through the set up wizard but when it gets to the welcome page it will lose connection, I’m not sure if it was a coincidence that it dropped connection here on more than one occasion or whether I just ran out of time. I will give it a go tomorrow as i don’t want the headache of processing an exchange but I’m afraid I’ll get the same result :(

Keep the router unplugged from the power until you try tomorrow and then let us know, the replacement process is pretty quick so shouldn't be too much of a headache for you!

So good news, I have managed to complete set up wizard on first attempt, honestly not sure what changed as I done everything the same. However I still can not manage to access internet off any devices.. even with an Ethernet connection from the Duma itself 😕 any insight? 

1 hour ago, Uwais said:

So good news, I have managed to complete set up wizard on first attempt, honestly not sure what changed as I done everything the same. However I still can not manage to access internet off any devices.. even with an Ethernet connection from the Duma itself 😕 any insight? 

Thanks for letting us know!

In System Information, under Network Status, does the R2 have a WAN IP? 

Presumably all devices are now able to access the DumaOS interface right?

Yes the devices are able to connect to the interface and the WAN IP is 192.168.0.135. I’ll need to be quick as I’m working from home :( and presumably missing important emails. I initially got it for my PS5 and gaming but for now just accessing the internet would be amazing. Thanks 

27 minutes ago, Uwais said:

Yes the devices are able to connect to the interface and the WAN IP is 192.168.0.135. I’ll need to be quick as I’m working from home :( and presumably missing important emails. I initially got it for my PS5 and gaming but for now just accessing the internet would be amazing. Thanks 

OK, when you're next able to could you please just reboot the R2 from the three-dot menu in the top right of the interface, it sounds as though everything should be working as normal now.

Hello Liam! So I managed to get the Duma up and running without any problems now.. however I’m not sure whether I’m just a bot or something is wrong lol. I’m trying to change my geo location on warZone to a server that is a bit more East, however when I do the Ping Heatmap it will only bring up 2/3 servers (east of USA, UK and Russia). When I try to change the geo location I drew a huge polygon on the whole East  side of the world map but still no luck. I have filtering mode off. Also it let me search at 120ms Ping for about 20 minutes but couldn’t find a game so I just gave up. Is there something I’m missing or is it just difficult to change the geo location of my Warzone server. Thanks! 

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Uwais said:

Hello Liam! So I managed to get the Duma up and running without any problems now.. however I’m not sure whether I’m just a bot or something is wrong lol. I’m trying to change my geo location on warZone to a server that is a bit more East, however when I do the Ping Heatmap it will only bring up 2/3 servers (east of USA, UK and Russia). When I try to change the geo location I drew a huge polygon on the whole East  side of the world map but still no luck. I have filtering mode off. Also it let me search at 120ms Ping for about 20 minutes but couldn’t find a game so I just gave up. Is there something I’m missing or is it just difficult to change the geo location of my Warzone server. Thanks! 

For Ping Heatmap sometimes the servers can fail to ping, that's something we'll fix through a cloud update but it won't mean servers aren't available to connect to. 

You need Filtering Mode on in order to filter, otherwise you'll get placed wherever the game wants to put you. If you could provide a full screenshot of how you have the Geo-Filter page is set up I can advise further.