Gaming not recognized

I am trying to utilise the game optimiser to reduce the amount of ping spikes i get while gaming on Valorant. Specifically i have been trying to use the QoS settings. I have found that when gaming Valorant it doesnt categorize it as "gaming" application. Consequently i cant make and prioritizations and changes to it. Any help?

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Congestion Control and Bandwidth Allocation will work regardless but for Traffic Prioritization add the PC with the Console service and then it will prioritize the game for you.

Within traffic prioritization i have added my gaming device and the service, however when actually running the game both the upload and download packets remain on 0. For some reason the DumaOS software doesnt recognise me playing Valorant. This can also be seen within the category breakdown, when playing valorant there is almost no usage.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Henjo said:

Within traffic prioritization i have added my gaming device and the service, however when actually running the game both the upload and download packets remain on 0. For some reason the DumaOS software doesnt recognise me playing Valorant. This can also be seen within the category breakdown, when playing valorant there is almost no usage.

We can categorize it so it appears on Network Monitor, have you tried my suggestion with adding the PC and the Games Console service as that will definitely prioritize the game for you.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We can categorize it so it appears on Network Monitor, have you tried my suggestion with adding the PC and the Games Console service as that will definitely prioritize the game for you.

image.thumb.png.e8675865bd2a8b12e5fe06d3efc849a4.png

Yes i have as seen above, however nothing changes in download and upload packets, thus i dont think its working, am i correct?

6 hours ago, Henjo said:

Yes i have as seen above, however nothing changes in download and upload packets, thus i dont think its working, am i correct?

Not quite, you've selected Valorant there. Remove and re-add the rule, this time select 'Games Console' as the service.

13 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Not quite, you've selected Valorant there. Remove and re-add the rule, this time select 'Games Console' as the service.

Thank you, i see that the rule is now working. Will that help with ping spikes or must i open a new topic, about utilising "Game optimiser" to limit ping spikes in Valorant? Nevertheless thank you for your help!

9 hours ago, Henjo said:

Thank you, i see that the rule is now working. Will that help with ping spikes or must i open a new topic, about utilising "Game optimiser" to limit ping spikes in Valorant? Nevertheless thank you for your help!

That should be helping with Ping Spikes, are you still experiencing them? Do you use Geo-filter currently? If so how do you have it setup?

21 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That should be helping with Ping Spikes, are you still experiencing them? Do you use Geo-filter currently? If so how do you have it setup?

Yes. My ping spikes are quite strange however. They aren't random and almost nurture a pattern of periodically timed spikes from 11ms to 150-500ms every 15-45 seconds or so (depending on how bad it is on the day). I have tried redownloading the game a few times, which hasnt done much, thus leading me to invest in Telstra game optimiser to help overcome the problem. I believe there has been a slight noticeable decrease in the prevalence and intensity of the spikes, however they still remain and negatively impact my gaming experience. 

As for your question regarding geo-filter, i havent touched this service much, and to be honest didnt really know what i was doing when i tinkered around with the settings, due to me not really thinking it would change much. Currently here is what is going on with my geo-filter. I just have my device and application added and a 2000 distance set around my address.

image.thumb.png.30c2f18e2aab27c2a438de5b3bddcfc4.png

Any help with my ping spikes and geo filter will be greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, Henjo said:

Yes. My ping spikes are quite strange however. They aren't random and almost nurture a pattern of periodically timed spikes from 11ms to 150-500ms every 15-45 seconds or so (depending on how bad it is on the day). I have tried redownloading the game a few times, which hasnt done much, thus leading me to invest in Telstra game optimiser to help overcome the problem. I believe there has been a slight noticeable decrease in the prevalence and intensity of the spikes, however they still remain and negatively impact my gaming experience. 

As for your question regarding geo-filter, i havent touched this service much, and to be honest didnt really know what i was doing when i tinkered around with the settings, due to me not really thinking it would change much. Currently here is what is going on with my geo-filter. I just have my device and application added and a 2000 distance set around my address.

Any help with my ping spikes and geo filter will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for this information, it's odd that you're still experiencing these issues with QoS configured properly now. Do you play any other games and if so are you experiencing ping issues in these games?

Geo-filter could help us troubleshoot this problem actually, please enable filtering mode on your laptop's profile and play a game. If you experience ping spikes on that server, click 'Deny' in the Auto-Ping panel and after you've finished, play another game. You should then be put on a different server, monitor if you're still experiencing ping spikes after this and let us know.