Discord :(

mukey

Why is Discord chats still not working on my iPhone? 

I have no devices on the Geo Filter at the minute as I've stopped playing, add blocker is not turned on. The Discord chats load perfectly on my laptop connected to the same network as my iPhone (through the Netduma), but for some reason on my iPhone the chats dont load when connected to the Netduma, when I change to the other network in my house on my iPhone they load instantly that's how I know it's the Netduma and not my iPhone, plus I just got a brand new 13 pro max. 

Any help? Been having this problem for weeks now. 

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For the WiFi network on the iPhone, disable Private Addresses then reboot the phone and see if it connects properly after that.

Still the same mate, the chats load instantly on my BT network and on 5G, when I connect to Virgin (Netduma) they do not load on my iPhone but load perfectly on the laptop. 

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try disabling QoS completely from the Congestion Control menu :menu and see if that makes a difference. I'm assuming you're using the app rather than the web browser on your phone? 

When I turn QoS off it works perfectly. Yes the app, I also can’t even access certain websites one being this forum on the Netduma on my iPhone. 

Was having these problems on my old iPhone on the Netduma, now on my new one so it can’t be device related either. When QoS is off it works perfect. 

312CBCE6-CC2F-4D99-A4A0-E2B7F9254913.thumb.png.bf775848c0451f54aa2a3c9c4af52bc6.png

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Re-enable QoS now but disable Traffic Prio completely, does it work then?

Do the websites work if you use another web browser? 

Okay so QoS is set to Auto Enable not actually fully on while i’ve been having these problems. All traffic Prio devices are already turned off in the settings. 

forum.netduma.com doesn’t work on Safari or Chrome (the only 2 browsers I have) 

Works on my laptop though on the same network which is strange. 

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the info, perhaps it's due to iOS 15 but could you disable the protection options in WAN Settings and see if it makes a difference please?

But everything is working fine on 5G and on my other network… I can’t even access this forum on my Netduma on my iPhone. But as soon as I turn 5G on I can.

Disabled both wan protection settings and still getting the same. 062EC9F2-2283-47D2-9F83-9E583B75D9A3.thumb.png.1a6c9650cf756d659d057e94539ddc4c.png

• Administrators

It's just because we've had some reports internally about iOS 15. It is really weird it's our forum specifically and Discord. If you connect the phone directly to the Virgin hub does it work as well? If so I'll have to pass it onto the devs to take a look at.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's just because we've had some reports internally about iOS 15. It is really weird it's our forum specifically and Discord. If you connect the phone directly to the Virgin hub does it work as well? If so I'll have to pass it onto the devs to take a look at.

Just tested without the netduma and discord and this forum load straight away, definitely a problem with the netduma somehow… has anyone else reported this problem though? If not then it must be a problem in my netduma settings somehow, as quite a lot of you’re users will be IOS and use discord and this forum. 

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, mukey said:

Just tested without the netduma and discord and this forum load straight away, definitely a problem with the netduma somehow… has anyone else reported this problem though? If not then it must be a problem in my netduma settings somehow, as quite a lot of you’re users will be IOS and use discord and this forum. 

Maybe 1 or 2 other people, definitely not something widespread - it's up to you but you could try a factory reset then don't change any settings and see whether it works

59 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Maybe 1 or 2 other people, definitely not something widespread - it's up to you but you could try a factory reset then don't change any settings and see whether it works

Just found another website that it’s not loading on the Netduma, soon as I connect to 5G it loads. 

The thing is we sort of know the problem, because when I turn QoS off it works perfect. Will a factory reset downgrade the firmware or will I stay on the latest one pal?

C2A96A96-B3F3-4C2C-AD92-19E6B2A975AE.png

For me it will push a discord notification through wifi but then opening the app it will mostly stall at "connecting" in the app and wont load, however on occasion it will just work. Its more of a recent occurrence as we were on the last R2 firmware a long time so i have a feeling its the latest ios not playing nice

• Administrators

@mukey you would stay on the same firmware, it will just wipe all the settings. Yes it does seem like QoS, it could be QoS not playing well with iOS 15 as mentioned above, also great point from Newfie, that could be causing a problem.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@mukey you would stay on the same firmware, it will just wipe all the settings. Yes it does seem like QoS, it could be QoS not playing well with iOS 15 as mentioned above, also great point from Newfie, that could be causing a problem.

Okay so looks like we have come to the conclusion it’s a problem with QoS and IOS 15. 

I have no problems on my laptop which is windows.

And this happened on my old iPhone on IOS 15 and now my new one. 

I now have QoS disabled and it works fine. 

So it’s QoS and IOS15. Are the Netduma devs aware mate? As one of the main reasons for the R2 is QoS and I don’t fancy downgrading to IOS 14 lol. 

Cheers pal 

• Administrators

Alright no worries, I will let the team know, they will need to try and reproduce it first (I can't reproduce it on my phone) and then if they can they'll need to investigate what is causing it. I'm assuming you're on the .394 firmware? You could try a factory reset in the meantime.

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Alright no worries, I will let the team know, they will need to try and reproduce it first (I can't reproduce it on my phone) and then if they can they'll need to investigate what is causing it. I'm assuming you're on the .394 firmware? You could try a factory reset in the meantime.

Yes mate i’m on the newest firmware, will do a factory reset today and let you know the results. 

On 1/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi mate any update on this? Reset the router to factory and still have the same issue with IOS15 not loading certain websites and the discord app.