5ghz not being picked up by wifi adapter

Angsh

Hello, just got my R2 today and I haven't been able to connect to the 5ghz band on my PC my wifi adapter is : ASUS PCE-AC68.
Right before I replaced my old router with the R2 I was connected fine and had been connected fine on a 5ghz band. 
No clue what the issue is... hope I'm just overlooking something simple.
Edit: My phone picks up the 5ghz from the R2 just fine.

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have the two Wi-Fi channels separated or are they mirrored? Have you configured any other settings to do with the R2 Wi-Fi? For example, did you adjust the SSID, password, channel widths, etc?

I have them separated, set them up the same as I had my last router set up. I also had adjusted the different widths for the 5ghz, nothing. I played around with swapping the 5ghz ssid, nothing. It's a very strange situation.

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try and add the network manually on the PC and see if it will connect then

Good idea, sadly it won't connect to it though. 
I mean, in a month or two I'll be directly connected via Ethernet, but until then it would have been nice to be connected on the 5ghz. 
Just so strange that it can't pick it up and it could pick up the other router's 5ghz signal.
I appreciate the ideas and will welcome others. 

34 minutes ago, Newfie said:

What’s the channel number you were using on your old router?

Trying an open WiFi briefly to see if it’s a security protocol that’s creating an issue.

Yo, I had tried the open WiFi earlier in all my trying..
HOWEVER, it did seem to be a channel thing.. I hooked up my other router and went into the settings to verify what channels it uses. 
Tried the channel I was able to connect with from the non R2 5ghz band and it put that as the channel on the R2 and low and behold.. 
Guess I shouldn't assume automatic channels would pick a working channel, lol. 
Thanks Newfie. 

Great, that’s the connection sorted, yes it should have just connected but little gremlins tend to work their magic at times.

is it possible to show the whole screen of PingPlotter just to help to see the hops.

What distance are you from the router?

If you upgraded the firmware did you perform a factory reset?

How is the router positioned ie is it tucked away or near electrical devices?

8 hours ago, Newfie said:

Great, that’s the connection sorted, yes it should have just connected but little gremlins tend to work their magic at times.

is it possible to show the whole screen of PingPlotter just to help to see the hops.

What distance are you from the router?

If you upgraded the firmware did you perform a factory reset?

How is the router positioned ie is it tucked away or near electrical devices?

Not sure what's happened in the mean time, but signal seems fine now... Connected on the 5ghz.. Seems no issue now. 
I do have to ask about the factory reset though after firmware update. I haven't factory reset after the firmware update. 
(If I have any further issues I'll post again)

3 hours ago, Angsh said:

Not sure what's happened in the mean time, but signal seems fine now... Connected on the 5ghz.. Seems no issue now. 
I do have to ask about the factory reset though after firmware update. I haven't factory reset after the firmware update. 
(If I have any further issues I'll post again)

We often suggest factory resetting after an upgrade to ensure you're starting from a clean slate, sometimes weird little issues can be carried over from previous firmwares and it's best to clear them out where possible. Not always essential, we just recommend it!

Let us know how you get on.