Vanguard & Open Nat Type (Xbox Series X)

TODDzillaInLA

I have been getting alot of DM's about open nat type and vanguard for console, I have tried every method since nat type was a thing from the first call of dutys. i also have tried upnp and even dropping my series x into dmz mode. It still says moderate on vanguard. I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch and its actually open. i have no problem connecting to any of my friends and they have no problems connecting to me, cold war modern warfare and warzone along with network settings on my series x all says open for nat type. if you do any of the 3 methods you should be able to have a open nat type, i like port forwarding cause you can actual control where the datas goes (My opinion for best connection and hit detection to the game)

the ports i forward for my xbox series x

Port Forwarding.jpg

UPNP enabled: I am not a fan of this method cause it will allow other ports to open and data to go through them that has nothing to do with the actual game your playing at the moment, it also does not always guarantee a open nat type

DMZ: Garmented open nat type but not a very good connection since it's outside the firewall and any port can be accessed.

If anyone else has figured out how to get Vanguard to say open nat type for Xbox Series X please post your steps

I do not have a playstation to test on, But i have a Xbos series s i got for my son. I will install Vanguard on that and check the nat type. We also have are own PC's and both say open nat type on pc.

50 minutes ago, Bert said:

Port forwarding is best from a security standpoint but if you have multiple consoles or say a PC and Console playing CoD you are basically stuck with uPNP. 

Not true at all, more than one device can not use the same port at the same time, for cod open nat type they have multiple ports you can use 3074-3079 now

my port forward list is for single device network, if you have pc and xbox on same network use 3074 for pc and 3075 for xbox

7B4DDFEC-B77B-4C9E-A98A-43231F3565B3.jpeg

That is only from CW on though as far as I know.

So if you want to play another CoD title there is a chance your port forwarding doesn't work.

Whenever I played for example MW on PS4 and PC at the same time, or 2 PS4's at the same time,  depending on who was first, one gets assigned port 3074 and the other gets a random high port numer (5 digits). Not 3075.

Xbox is a bit different in the way that it has always used port 3075 or 3076 next to 3074 as far as I remember, PS4 only used 3074.

Open NAT is actually not needed nowadays due to the dedicated server architecture, it doesn't affect your connection in the slightest. If you want to host private games it becomes important though.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

That is only from CW on though as far as I know.

So if you want to play another CoD title there is a chance your port forwarding doesn't work.

Whenever I played for example MW on PS4 and PC at the same time, or 2 PS4's at the same time,  depending on who was first, one gets assigned port 3074 and the other gets a random high port numer (5 digits). Not 3075.

Xbox is a bit different in the way that it has always used port 3075 or 3076 next to 3074 as far as I remember, PS4 only used 3074.

Open NAT is actually not needed nowadays due to the dedicated server architecture, it doesn't affect your connection in the slightest. If you want to host private games it becomes important though.

as long as you have a gaming router like a net duma you can play multi console same time different ports for each console why activision used 3074 for every call of duty from advanced warfare and before, then for bo3 they let us use 3074 and 3075 for multi consoles, now there's so many devices with vanguard they dropped 3076-3079

call of duty dedicated servers are for crossplay games only, cross play off its p2p and OPEN nat definably needed (back to the topic of this thread open nat type for vanguard)

10 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

as long as you have a gaming router like a net duma you can play multi console same time different ports for each console why activision used 3074 for every call of duty from advanced warfare and before, then for bo3 they let us use 3074 and 3075 for multi consoles, now there's so many devices with vanguard they dropped 3076-3079

call of duty dedicated servers are for crossplay games only, cross play off its p2p and OPEN nat definably needed (back to the topic of this thread open nat type for vanguard)

Does this apply to warzone too ie. It’s p2p when playing non crossplay? If so how did you find this out? It would make sense as non crossplay feels different to playing cross play and I don’t just mean the player types. It feels slower and less smooth. 

21 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

NetDuma geo filter, grab the ip to where your connected to then look it up

PC and PS4 can turn cross play off, warzone wont even open if cross play is off on xbox

Ah right I’ll check it out!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Status update, after mid season update that just dropped NAT TYPE is now set to OPEN with making no changes at all, i knew it was on there side or just a incorrect image

Can you take a screenshot of the netduma interface for your port prioritization now?

Wrong, the only prioritization port that works now is the nat port selected on the xbox! If I select for example the 56697, the nat xbox live and COD VG + WZ goes through this port!

Obviously this is the solution found by xbox to get an open Nat for several consoles on the same line on the same game!

Ports 3075 to 3079 are obsolete!

22 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Wrong, the only prioritization port that works now is the nat port selected on the xbox! If I select for example the 56697, the nat xbox live and COD VG + WZ goes through this port!

Obviously this is the solution found by xbox to get an open Nat for several consoles on the same line on the same game!

Ports 3075 to 3079 are obsolete!

this is what i'm disagreeing to, you can see i have data going through 3074 and 3075

6 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

you can see the port to Transfer in the network settings of the game

mine changed from 3075 to xbox nat port!

this should not be the case for you!

lol what are you talking about your so off subject now