I can't open ports on Call of Duty Warzone *Nat type strict/moderate*

Nightwalker

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Nightwalker said:

Feedback: I got a static IP address and put the Wan IP of NetDuma R2 in the DMZ host section. My nat type automatically changed to Open.
I asked my ISP to change my current router, and provide me with another that supports Bridge Mode. They will deliver me a new one soon, and then I shouldn't have any problems at all. I am currently working on installing Fiber Pro in my home. Optical internet in my country is not covered in all regions and the only way to achieve that is if we know someone in a big position in the provider's house. The only way is through a connection, and to pay someone illegally. They work for free only for private individuals who have a lot of money and some influence in politics. They do not supply optical internet to ordinary mortals as we are - citizens.
I hope that this will help everyone who has a similar problem and who lives in the Balkan region, because mostly we all have the same problem. I want to thank all of you who invested time in helping me to solve this damn problem.
Your customer support and users here are great. Thanks and best regards.

Thank you for you posting an update, glad it will be solved for you, sorry to hear about the state of the internet!

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

@Netduma Fraser

Was it a "CGNAT" issue?

It would be necessary to create a subject to explain that it is about an internet service provider which divides an ipV4 address between several users with a port range limited by user!

Quite possibly as the static IP seemed to resolve this. Good point, I'll talk to Liam about maybe updating the NAT support guide.

• 3 months later...

@Netduma Fraser  Sorry for coming in a few months after the last post.

I have done the test on Powershell as administrator - tracert (wan ip)

I had 2 lines appear but both show the same information.

I live in the UK and my ISP are adamant they don't use CGNAT, would you suggest they certainly do? 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, MUFCgamer said:

@Netduma Fraser  Sorry for coming in a few months after the last post.

I have done the test on Powershell as administrator - tracert (wan ip)

I had 2 lines appear but both show the same information.

I live in the UK and my ISP are adamant they don't use CGNAT, would you suggest they certainly do? 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Did you do the test directly from your modem and are you having NAT issues?

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, MUFCgamer said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser sorry for the late reply I wasbt expecting a reply over the weekend haha.

I was testing from a modem / router.

I am having nat issues and feel like upnp, port forwarding and even dmz aren't working for me.

No worries! What is the model of the modem/router you're using? How have you setup the DMZ on that device?

Its a BT Smart hub 2, had trouble ever since I've been with them.

I've tried setting up the DMZ but I can never seem to get it to work, same as upnp and forwarding.

I've noticed on my traceroute aswel that the first Hop after my modem/router seems to be a private ip address.

BT says this is the DSLAM I believe but could this be causing my issues?

Thanks for your help @Netduma Fraser

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, MUFCgamer said:

Its a BT Smart hub 2, had trouble ever since I've been with them.

I've tried setting up the DMZ but I can never seem to get it to work, same as upnp and forwarding.

I've noticed on my traceroute aswel that the first Hop after my modem/router seems to be a private ip address.

BT says this is the DSLAM I believe but could this be causing my issues?

Thanks for your help @Netduma Fraser

Did you use the WAN IP shown in the System Information page on the R2 in the DMZ on the hub? I wouldn't have thought that would cause an issue. Could you make a new topic for the issue and we can focus on you there.