Cascading R2 with Asus Rt-AX88U

CrossFitKila717

• Administrators

Thanks for your patience, I feel I may have found the setting that may be causing it - on the WAN page it has an option for Enable NAT - disable this, then with the R2 in the DMZ in the Asus see if you get an Open NAT please. If this does work, keep an eye out for devices connected to the Asus and see if they have any issues please.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for your patience, I feel I may have found the setting that may be causing it - on the WAN page it has an option for Enable NAT - disable this, then with the R2 in the DMZ in the Asus see if you get an Open NAT please. If this does work, keep an eye out for devices connected to the Asus and see if they have any issues please.

So, that didn’t work. I disabled it and had no internet at the Asus or the R2?

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

So, that didn’t work. I disabled it and had no internet at the Asus or the R2?

You may have needed to reboot both routers after that setting was done so try that and see if you get internet then

On 1/4/2022 at 11:55 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

You may have needed to reboot both routers after that setting was done so try that and see if you get internet then

So if I reboot, I’d have to reboot Asus first, then R2, right? Then I’d have to go back into the Asus to input a new R2 IP?

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In that order yes, if you set the static IP then no the R2 would get that same IP that is still valid in the DMZ

Wait, so what exactly do I need to do? I wasn’t aware of setting the Static on anything? I thought I only set the R2 in DMZ of Asus?

• Administrators

I mentioned setting a static IP for that R2/DMZ IP on the previous page, if you haven't done that then do so, it will prevent the DMZ being invalid if the router IP changes. Then you can proceed with the reboots.