Forcing a ping range

JoshTheLuz

why in addition to the circle or the polygon dont you guys add a ping range search?

For example the user can choose  the ping range and netduma will automatically exclude every servers outside that ping range.. i would put 1ms to 80ms for example and this will make me and many other incredibly happy because the circle doesnt really work properly because we dont know if inside the circle even though it is close to us there is a broken server with bad connection or smth

• Administrators

Well in your example there, if you set Ping Assist to 80ms it would essentially allow anything between 1-80ms. If there is a broken server with bad connection if the ping is low enough you can still connect to it using Ping Assist. Having a set range might be difficult and would definitely make search times longer. I can't imagine someone wanting to just play a 40-60ms game for example and miss out the 1-39ms games unless that is something you'd like?

On 12/11/2021 at 7:01 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Well in your example there, if you set Ping Assist to 80ms it would essentially allow anything between 1-80ms. If there is a broken server with bad connection if the ping is low enough you can still connect to it using Ping Assist. Having a set range might be difficult and would definitely make search times longer. I can't imagine someone wanting to just play a 40-60ms game for example and miss out the 1-39ms games unless that is something you'd like?

Is something that I absolutely need because I can’t just restrict the circle around my location because it won’t find any game and I just don’t understand how. I have a server in my city it seems that the circle restrict not only the servers outside but also the players. So I get kicked out of the queue because somebody outside the circle is in my queue, restricting only the latency will avoid this problem. 
I swear that I used to live in San Diego and restrict San Diego and  Los Angeles area and in Warzone the search was like 5 minutes to find a game. And finally after many thoughts I got why is because it restricts everything outside the circle not only servers but also players so every time in my lobby there was a single player coming from the outside of the circle I got kicked out from that lobby, because I think you guys have noway to restrict only servers im afraid to say that the geofilter is basically useless I don’t know how to explain this. English isn’t my first language and I really hope to make me as much understandable as possible this is actually a crazy big issue man 

2 hours ago, JoshTheLuz said:

Is something that I absolutely need because I can’t just restrict the circle around my location because it won’t find any game and I just don’t understand how. I have a server in my city it seems that the circle restrict not only the servers outside but also the players. So I get kicked out of the queue because somebody outside the circle is in my queue, restricting only the latency will avoid this problem. 
I swear that I used to live in San Diego and restrict San Diego and  Los Angeles area and in Warzone the search was like 5 minutes to find a game. And finally after many thoughts I got why is because it restricts everything outside the circle not only servers but also players so every time in my lobby there was a single player coming from the outside of the circle I got kicked out from that lobby, because I think you guys have noway to restrict only servers im afraid to say that the geofilter is basically useless I don’t know how to explain this. English isn’t my first language and I really hope to make me as much understandable as possible this is actually a crazy big issue man 

If there's only one server in your radius, that's probably why you're getting such long search times. In San Diego and LA, there are likely a lot more servers nearby so Geo-filter had a bigger pool to pick from.

As Fraser mentioned, set your Ping Assist to 80 and that will essentially fulfill the task you're looking for here.