I have a few questions...

BeardsmanDan

G'day.

After doing some fall cleaning, I recently updated my NetDuma R1 from the older firmware, to the newest version currently available. After admiring the fancy looking OS, I began to run into multiple problems with the Wi-Fi dropping off during game-play. Odd part was, it was only the Wi-Fi dropping off, however it did not include myself (I'm hardwired as that probably will be important information.)

After some attempts to fix it, I somehow managed to make it worse, as I somehow made my PC not work hardwired, but my PS5 was fine hardwired. I gave up that night after a wee bit of rage.

The next night I reset it, since it was the only thing I could think of to fix the issue. However even after following your setup guides in the knowledge base. The Wi-Fi still drops off on my roommates PS5, and a few mobile devices around my home. Question is, how do I fix it, as this was never a problem prior to my clean-up/firmware upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

~BeardsmanDan

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Do the following and this should help, disable the WiFi completely, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then connect, enable WiFi, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if it is more stable then.

After trying this out, it appears that it did nothing. Almost seems as if it's slightly worse then before. Got any other suggestions?

EDIT: I will also note that the party chat likes to go robotic on his end when the wi-fi likes to start cutting off.

Apologizes for the late reply, falling asleep after work happens more then I care to admit.

Edited by BeardsmanDan
Additional context.

7 hours ago, BeardsmanDan said:

After trying this out, it appears that it did nothing. Almost seems as if it's slightly worse then before. Got any other suggestions?

EDIT: I will also note that the party chat likes to go robotic on his end when the wi-fi likes to start cutting off.

Apologizes for the late reply, falling asleep after work happens more then I care to admit.

Worse in what sense, is it now dropping more often than it was before?

Next time the Wi-Fi drops can you please go to System Information, click the three line menu in the Logs panel and download a copy. If you could send that over we can take a look at what might be the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BeardsmanDan said:

Yes, I do believe so, as it's been a bit of time since my last post.

Apologizes for the late reply, been busy at work during the last week or so. Therefore I kind of forgot.

There is a lease renewal just before the drop occurs, perhaps that's what caused things to drop. Could you try going to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours? After that save settings and let us know if that helps.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, BeardsmanDan said:

G'day.

After doing some fall cleaning, I recently updated my NetDuma R1 from the older firmware, to the newest version currently available. After admiring the fancy looking OS, I began to run into multiple problems with the Wi-Fi dropping off during game-play. Odd part was, it was only the Wi-Fi dropping off, however it did not include myself (I'm hardwired as that probably will be important information.)

After some attempts to fix it, I somehow managed to make it worse, as I somehow made my PC not work hardwired, but my PS5 was fine hardwired. I gave up that night after a wee bit of rage.

The next night I reset it, since it was the only thing I could think of to fix the issue. However even after following your setup guides in the knowledge base. The Wi-Fi still drops off on my roommates PS5, and a few mobile devices around my home. Question is, how do I fix it, as this was never a problem prior to my clean-up/firmware upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

~BeardsmanDan

this happens as well when the Wi-Fi channel your Wi-Fi is using is being crowded by other networks! in the Wi-Fi tab you can change it from there! personally i would recommend using a Wi-Fi scanner so you can see what channel is not being used! if what the admins recommended doesn't work give this a try! currently i have my Wi-Fi channel on automatic so it can determine what is optimal for my Wi-Fi devices every time i reboot! when factory resetting the r1 it puts you on channel 7  which is as well the default channel for most networks