I have been having packet burst issues for months in Warzone and now Vanguard and am considering buying a XR1000 to see if it helps

Rbk23

I also currently have a Puma 6 modem and have my internet company coming out to replace it with an Arris CM8200 which contains a Broadcom BCM3390 chipset. 

I have packet burst, though not all the time, it is enough to be annoying despite having an ingame ping of 35ms and no packetloss.  The burst icon is not hardware related, as my frametime graphs are smooth when the packet burst icon appears.  Do you think these 2 things will help solve this issue? It was never an issue on the old Vedansk map. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You must have another router you're using currently, have you connected directly to the modem to see if the issue occurs? If it does then it's possibly the modem or the ISP itself, in which case another router couldn't help with that.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You must have another router you're using currently, have you connected directly to the modem to see if the issue occurs? If it does then it's possibly the modem or the ISP itself, in which case another router couldn't help with that.

I have a ISP issued modem/router combo. Arris DG3270.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Put it in modem mode and just connect the gaming device, then see if the issue still occurs

Here is what my ping plot looks like connected directly to the modem to google.ca. Spikes are from 20ms to 30-35ms

Screenshot 2021-11-20 201513.png