Battlefield 2042

Comp0za

4 hours ago, Th3AngryGerman said:

I've tried using the geofilter with a custom range set and I am still not connecting to the Portland server which is closest to me (Seattle). What could I be doing incorrectly?

Can you share a screeenshot of your Geo-filter setup? It should be working nicely so perhaps we need to optimise your config a little more.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it connecting you to other servers instead? If that is the case disable Fast Search and put Ping Assist to 0 then launch the game and you should get the Portland server.

It's been connecting to ping assisted servers so I will take your advice and see if that works. 

Thanks!

Geo Filter doesn't work for Battlefield 2042 (PS5), it keeps connecting severs outside the redius. Also, only using ping assistt to 27 ms, it keeps connnecting to a server with 124 ms. Any fix ?

Fast Search has already been disabled. 

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

Geo Filter doesn't work for Battlefield 2042 (PS5), it keeps connecting severs outside the redius. Also, only using ping assistt to 27 ms, it keeps connnecting to a server with 124 ms. Any fix ?

Fast Search has already been disabled. 

If you disable Ping Assist fully do you get games outside your radius? Where are you checking the ping on the Geo-Filter or in game?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

If you disable Ping Assist fully do you get games outside your radius? Where are you checking the ping on the Geo-Filter or in game?

Yes, I disabled ping assist to see if it works but it didn't. Germany server. By the way, I deleted the game few minutes ago, because the game it self  is soo bad.😞

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah will be hard to troubleshoot then, I'll pass it on to the team to re-test and see if they can reproduce it/put a fix in place. Sad to hear the game isn't great, looked like it had great potential!

I wasted 120 dollars for the game, Gold Edition 😭 Tried to get refund by Playstation and they like "nope, you downloaded the game and played the game".

The Battlefield 2042 trailers were false and misleadning in my opinion.

On 11/20/2021 at 4:51 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it connecting you to other servers instead? If that is the case disable Fast Search and put Ping Assist to 0 then launch the game and you should get the Portland server.

Ok, I tried that for several matches last night and it kept putting me in a CA server that is outside my set range. Any ideas of what could be preventing me from connecting to Portland?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Th3AngryGerman said:

Ok, I tried that for several matches last night and it kept putting me in a CA server that is outside my set range. Any ideas of what could be preventing me from connecting to Portland?

Can you provide a screenshot showing what you see when this happens please?

5 hours ago, Comp0za_ said:

I had that recorded instead. https://imgur.com/Iii9yMm

What was going on in-game when you took this video? It shows it as being blocked so you shouldn't have gotten into a game, though I don't have Battlefield yet so I haven't tested it myself.

Are you using a VPN at all? It's weird that it'd try connect you to a server so far away.

1 hour ago, Comp0za_ said:

It was connecting to a game, and then I got back out to the menu where you can see the character and the game modes.

I don't use VPN.

Yeah, it's weird. 😕

So it didn't let you in to the game right? It booted you back to menu? I think that's the current behaviour we've found in our testing too. We're looking into the possibility of makes Geo-filter's blocking a little more gentle so games don't react in this way, but I don't have an ETA as to when we might be able to make those changes.